10/26/2020 vol. 10
Dear Twelve Bridges families,
It's Red Ribbon Week! With that, we will have spirit days all week for our in-person and interCONNECT students. Our hope is that we can celebrate making healthy choices while having a little fun in the meantime.
Looking forward to a fun week!
Red Ribbon Week October 26-30
Be Drug Free
October 26 - "Being Healthy Starts with Me" - Wear RED to school.
October 27 - "Be a Sport and Stay Healthy" - Dress up in your favorite sports attire.
October 28 - "Healthy and Crazy About It" - Wear hair and clothes as crazy as you can get them!
October 29 - "Dreaming of a Healthy Life" - Wear pajamas to school.
October 30 - "I am healthy and can be anything I want to be"! -Wear costumes to school.
(No costume masks and/or weapons allowed at school.)
Make up Picture Day December 8
Down the Road
December 1, 2, 3, 4 (Information on scheduling conferences coming soon)
11/11/20 No School Veteran's Day
11/23/20 through 11/27/20 No School Thanksgiving Break
12/08/20 Make up Picture Day TK-5
12/21/20 through 1/4/21 No School Winter Break
01/18/21 No School Martin Luther King Day
If you would like to add your child's name, please fill out this survey with your information.
Also, if you would like to remove your child from the list, please fill out the same survey and just mark "no" to the free meal bag.
Not Attending Classes today?
Student(s) Not Attending Classes Today?
If your student(s) will not be attending classes (in-person or InterCONNECT), you will need to contact the school’s office to report this absence. Preferably before 9:00am. Letting your student(s) teachers know is great, but this information is not always shared with the office.
We have three options to report an absence:
· Call our attendance hotline at (916)434-5210
· Email attendance clerk at email@example.com
· Use the Twelve Bridge Elementary app
o Bottom of main page
o Click on ABSENCE icon
o Complete form
Due to the current COVID-19 procedures in place, we need to know what symptoms your child is having if you are keeping them home “sick”. Please include these symptoms in your absence message. If they have a temperature, please let us know what it is. We will then contact you if more follow up is necessary.
If you have any other issues or questions, please call our office at (916)434-5220. Your support during these challenging times is appreciated.
Daily In-Person Protocols and Details
1) Please ensure your child is healthy and free from any COVID symptoms that cannot be explained by pre-existing conditions. These include:
a. Fever (100.4 degrees or higher)
c. Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
e. Muscle or body aches
g. Loss of taste or smell
h. Sore throat
i. Congestion or runny nose
j. Nausea or vomiting
2) All students will need to wear a mask.
3) Students should bring a refillable water bottle and a healthy snack to school. There will be several water-bottle filling stations on campus.
4) Parents and guardians will not be allowed to enter campus. We will miss our amazing parents and volunteers on campus and hope to welcome you all back soon!
5) We will have an additional gate open for arrival and dismissal. All students coming from the direction of the park should use the custodial gate located between the park and the school.
6) Adults driving to campus should remain in their cars during drop-off and pick-up.
7) All adults escorting students on foot or bike should be wearing a mask and practicing social distancing guidelines when they enter school property.
8) TK and K arrival is from 8:00-8:15. 1st-5th arrival is from 8:15-8:30. Please do not drop off students early as there is no supervision available during that time.
9) TK and K dismissal is at 11:45. 1st-5th dismissal is at 12:00. First through fifth-grade parents please do not drive onto campus early and wait in the car line as that will prevent us from getting our TK and K students out on time.
10) Please be patient as we work through these new procedures.
Also, be sure you and your child are prepared by reviewing the district's Roadmap to Reopening and the FAQs about returning to campus.
Thanks for all of your support following these new protocols!
If the device you are using at home is no longer working and you need to officially check out a Chromebook to bring to and from school, please contact Mr. Middleton. We will do our best to accommodate this request. The district continues to wait for our new shipment of Chromebooks to arrive.
If you are unsure if your child needs to bring in their charged Chromebook, please contact your teacher.
Our Library is Open!
Students can now begin checking out library books! Please follow our check out guidelines below. For future reference, this information can also be found on our school website under the Library tab.
Distance Learning Circulation Policy
All students have the ability to remotely access our library system by logging on. Please visit https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/ui/53010 or visit our school website. Click on the "Library" Tab and then "Online Catalog"
Your username is your school sign on (Grad year + Last name + First two initials) Example: 21BremnerDF. Your password is your 8 digit student id number.
Grades K-1 may check out 1 book. Grades 2-5 may check out 2 books.
Check out period is two weeks.
Students will place a "Hold" on the books they would like to check out. Please note: The system will not allow the student to delete a hold. "Hold" should not be clicked until they are certain that it is the book they'd like to check out. You must contact Ms. Bremner to delete a hold.
Ms. Bremner will pull the books and check them out for the student.
Your books will be ready for pickup THE FOLLOWING SCHOOL DAY after 9 a.m.
Pick up your books from the book cart in the front office by 3:30 p.m.
Your books will have your name on them.
If your books are not picked up within two school days, they will be returned to the library and made available for another student to check out.
Return your books to the "Return Box" on the book cart in the front office.
ALL books must be returned before additional books can be borrowed.
If you place a "Hold" on a book and currently have an overdue library book or fine, your order will not be filled.
Overdue notices and/or fines will be sent via email.
If you have any difficulty logging on or have any questions, please email Ms. Bremner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to thank DC Solar as our final Gold Level sponsor!
PTC Board Meetings - Mondays @ 3:00pm, Nov 2, Dec 7, Jan 4, Feb 1, Mar 1, Apr 5, May 3
Hopeful 2021 Events
Fun Run (February 19th) – Pep Rally is 2/8*
Starstruck (April 21st & 22nd) – Dance Instruction begins week of March 8th every Tues/Fri
*We intend to have a LIVE or VIRTUAL Fun Run in February, to encourage fun fitness!!
BIG THANKS to our AMAZING 2020-2021 TBES Sponsors!!
The Alfano Group Real Estate Agency
Kim Ogden, Atherton Wealth Advisors
Briley Real Estate, Inc.
Would YOU or your business like to be a sponsor for our school? Please contact Leah Bassett @ email@example.com and complete the business sponsorship form.
i-Ready Tech Support
They can answer most questions, but cannot help with username or password recovery. For that, please contact your teacher directly.