Celebrated the 6th Annual Gala
Letter from Principal Jeff Lane
Thanks to your support and that of the greater Cheverus community, we were able to raise over $115,000 at our 6th Annual Gala. This was a very special year, as we honored our former Principal, Mr. Thomas P. Arria, Jr. We also honored another former Principal, Mrs. Dianne Dingolo, with the new Dianne Dingolo Award. This new honor was voted on by faculty and staff and was presented to Ms. Ronda Young for making Cheverus a wonderful place to be.
The money raised at this year’s Gala will go towards improving our ever-growing school. We have plans to renovate our basement level to create a Learning and Arts Center that will include a library, art room, STEM lab, and additional classroom space. We will also continue to serve our families by providing scholarships for our students.
Our Gala allows us to keep our tuition affordable and our school facilities up to date. We could not do it without the support of our families and community. Even the smallest donation can change the life of a Cheverus student forever. We look forward to continuing to work with you and your children and truly appreciate you entrusting us with their care and education.
Cheverus Catholic School
Free Tuition Lottery
Thanks to your generous support we were able to raise $14,900. Please join us in congratulating the winner of the drawing, Dominic from Miss Allison's preschool class.
Basement Level Renovation Project
Diversity Survey...the results are in
The first week of school we surveyed our entire student body. Out of 415 students we received results from 360 of them. From the results gathered we have learned that we have representation from 51 different countries, 33 languages are spoken at home, and 68% of Cheverus students are either bi-lingual or multi-lingual.
We Have Been Busy here at Cheverus
- Hispanic Heritage Month celebrations began on September 15.
- PTA held a Popsicle Party outside of the school on September 16.
- Our first N.U.T. Day was held on September 23. We successfully raised $616. All proceeds went to the Anna Noviello Memorial Scholarship.
- The 8th grade hosted a bake sale on September 30. All proceeds of the sales will go towards the Washington D.C. 8th Grade Trip.
- The School Choir started practicing during the month of September.
- Individual Picture Day was held on October 12.
- Band lessons began on Thursday, October 13.
- On October 13, the PTA held a fundraiser at Fuddruckers. The event raised $1,157. All proceeds will go to our End of Year Field Day!
- After school clubs started during the month of October.
- On October 20, Cheverus held the 6th Annual Gala.
- Trunk or Treat was held inside the gym on October 23. The $900 raised will go towards the 8th grade Washington D.C. Trip.
- Diwali was celebrated on October 24.
Book of Remembrance
Within the Church, the month of November is a time for us to remember and pray for those friends and family who have gone before us. We mark this time at Cheverus by placing a Book of Remembrance in the main corridor and invite students, faculty, and staff to place the names of loved ones in it. We remember them each day in prayer.