Upper Dublin in Review...
Legislative Meeting Briefs - September 2019
President's Welcome and Reports to the Board of School Directors
- President's Welcome - Dr. Levinowitz welcomed everyone to the meeting and asked Dr. Resnick to lead the group in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Student Government Association Report - Daniel Caplan shared information about happenings at UDHS. Click here to read Daniel's full report.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni presented his monthly Superintendent's Report. Please click here to read Dr. Yanni's full report.
The first community input period is limited to presentation and action items only. The following topics were discussed during the first community input:
- UDHS Water Polo team practice time and safety
Education Committee (Curriculum, Technology, and Pupil Services) Recommendations
- Curriculum - The Board approved the following actions: purchase of social studies textbooks, consultant agreement for grades 6-12 Connections program, student activities, and professional conferences.
- Pupil Services - The Board approved a confidential educational agreement and six confidential service agreements.
Finance Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved routines matters such as the review of the treasurer's report and payment of bills.
- Other Matters - The Board also approved an appraisal agreement with Valbridge/Lukens & Wolf regarding 502 Office Center Drive.
Personnel Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the personnel report, inclusive of appointments, resignations, leaves of absences, changes of status, degree changes, student teacher list, curriculum leaders, mentors, and extracurricular activities.
- Other Matters - The Board also approved a substitute nursing services contract.
Policy Committee Recommendations
Policy Second Readings, Administrative Regulation Approvals, and Second Reading Repeals
- Maintenance (704)
- Maintenance (704-1) - administrative regulation
- School Equipment Disposal (704-2) - administrative regulation
- Property Records (706)
- Integrated Pest Management (716) - policy and administrative regulation
- Employment of Relatives (301.1)
- Philosophy of Education (101)
- Academic Standards (102)
- Gifted Education (113-3) - administrative regulation
- Positive Behavior Support (113.1) - administrative regulation
Policy First Readings - The Board affirmed the following first readings:
- Assignment and Transfer (309)
- Comprehensive Plan (100)
- Educational Equity and Non-Discrimination in School and Classroom Practices (103)
- Equitable Scheduling and Course Offerings for Students (106.1)
- Resource Materials and Instructional Supplies (109)
- Guidance and School Counseling Program (112)
- Career and Technical Education (115)
- Homebound Instruction (117)
- Assessment of Educational Program (127)
- Migrant Education (142)
- School Choice (143)
- First repeals of Guides for Planned Instruction (106) and School Choice (143)
In Other Business...
- The Board approved the appointments and resignations of Educational Advisory Committee (EAC) members.
- The Board also accepted three reports from the EAC.
- Liaison Committee Reports - Board members provided reports on upcoming meetings.
- Solicitor's Report - Mr. Diasio noted that the Board met in executive session prior to the Legislative meeting to discuss personnel matters and confidential student matters. Additionally, he announced the base Act 1 Index for the upcoming fiscal year to be 2.6%.
Community Input and Follow-Up Comments
The following topics were discussed by meeting attendees during the second community input period:
- UDHS Water Polo and UDAC pool usage
- Safety during aquatic athletic events
- Policy 707 Access to District Facilities
- PSBA Conference attendance
- EAC Reports
- Math Curriculum