By Pierce N and Dustin G
The main Idea of this poster is to always be safe, and use your good judgment at all times while hunting. You will learn the basic safety steps of hunting, and you might even learn something new.
10 Commandments of Gun Safety
- Almost 400 hunting accidents ave occurred since 2009 in Wisconsin alone.
- Self afflicting injuries account for about 30% of all hunting incidents.
- Rifles and shotguns are the guns people are most likely using when injured.
- There were many more injuries 40 years ago than present day.
- In 1967 hunters education began.
- 49 out of the 50 states require you to take a hunter safety class.
Firearm Safety - Hunting Ethics - Gun Safety and Hunter Safety
- Make sure your gun is unloaded at all times until you're about to fire, so you don't accidently shoot someone.
- When you are about to shoot, make sure you know whats in front and beyond your target so you don't shoot an unwanted object.
- You should never use your scope on your gun as a binoculars because it could turn out to be a person and you could accidently shoot them.
- Make sure you wear bright orange for deer hunting season so people won't mistake you for a deer and the deer won't see you because they are colorblind.
- If you are turkey hunting you need to make sure the turkey you're shooting at has a beard, if it doesn't, its a hen, the only exception to this is if the hen has a beard. You don't want to normal hens.