Canada: Best Country to Live in?

By Deia Longeuay

Big image
Imagine living in a country where there is enough food to last lifetimes, where the natural increase is neither too low or high. This is what it's like to have a life in the Great White North, otherwise known as Canada. Canada is a country where there is great soil, a stable population, rural and urban settlement, and valuable trades.
To begin with, the soil in Canada is great for growing many plants. In most areas, the soil is well contained, making it nice and simple for the use of farming. For example, Saskatchewan, produced 7.1% of the agriculture in the year 2001. This area is part of the Interior Plains region, which only makes it easier since it is flat and easy to farm on. Most of the western provinces are like this and since there is a warm and long growing season. This happens especially in places like southwestern British Columbia and Saskatchewan. The rock cycle here is like any other, working its way and making the soil more durable for us. The soil and rock cycle is very important to Canadian farmers.
Big image
Moreover, for a good country, a stable population is needed. The population should not be skyrocketing, but it also should not be incredibly small at the bottom. Canada is able to keep their stable growth by having new immigrants come into the country. This way, the birth rate may be a little low, but the population will still increase. It has been projected that the population in 2050 will be about 40 million, only about 2 million more than California alone! Canada is a much larger country than California which is just a state in the United States. I believe that if we are only reaching 40 million by 2050, it should be considered stable growth. Therefore, Canada has a stable population, which is necessary for a country that is still growing.
Big image
There is a lot of settlement going on in Canada. In the earlier days, it was mainly rural settlement, where everyone would usually get one hundred or two hundred acres of land. It was mainly because it was simpler to eat and earn money for their families. Nowadays, people like to live in urban areas, for the same reasons most of the time. It is also more simple and practical to most people. Although just like everywhere else, becoming a city is never easy. It made it eventually, becoming a more populated country, with more cities. In 2006, 80% of people lived in urban areas, leaving only 20% of the people settling in rural communities. This is bad in some ways because it means the food in grocery stores is more expensive, since there are fewer farmers and more will need to be shipped. There is a lot of room for Canadians, as the density is only at 3/km2. Overall, urban settlement is a popular choice in Canada.
Big image
In addition to settlement, trade is also an essential part of Canada. Trade is used to help the economy, so that the government can give its citizens the luxury of free healthcare, and other things to help the country. With trade, the country imports clothing, cutlery, dishes, and most things the citizens use everyday. Most things we have gotten from a trade without even realizing we are using something made in a completely different country. With the trade, it has made things more affordable. For example, clothing from China is a lot cheaper than clothing from the United States. With this, comes exports, where Canada sends things to other countries. We tend to export minerals that we mine, energy, fish and crops that were farmed. Nonetheless, trade is important to Canada and its economy.
Lastly, Canada is a country with great soil, a stable population, rural and urban settlement and valuable trades. With these points, I can honestly admit that Canada is a great country to live in, even with all of its flaws. As for if its the best country to live in, I can certainly agree with that too. Therefore, these are all reasons why Canada is the best country to live in.