News on Tech-Integration & 21st Century Skills
8 February 2016
In This Edition:
- ISTEP+ Assistance
- Featured Tech Tool: Edulastic
- Resource Roundup: myON Digital Books
- Google Tip: Let Google Transcribe Your Images Into Editable Documents
- Late Breaking! - eREV Website & Registration Available
I would also like to remind you that an Experience Online ISTEP+ 2016 link has been added to the curriculum pages. The link appears at the bottom of the grade-level pages under "Test Preparation." For your convenience the links are also below. On these pages you will find a practice online test, manual and answer key as well as links to video explanations of each type of tech-enhanced item that could appear on the test. Please note that the practice test will only work in Firefox, Internet Explorer, or, on an iPad, in the TestNav app. Finally, ActivInspire Flipcharts for each tech-enhanced question type will be coming soon.
- Experience Online ISTEP+ 2016 (Grades 3-4)
- Experience Online ISTEP+ 2016 (Grades 5-6)
- Experience Online ISTEP+ 2016 (Grades 7-8)
Two final things. First, it is important that teachers are familiar with the new online ISTEP+ format. Take some time, perhaps as a PLC, to take the practice test and look for ways that you can help prepare your students. And second, if you would like to easily create your own tech-enhanced common assessments, or pull standards-aligned tech-enhanced assessments made by other teachers be sure to check out the Featured Tech Tool "Edulastic" below. It is a terrific free tool.
Featured Tech Tool: Edulastic
- 30+ SBAC- and PARCC-like question types
- Immediate data with automatic grading
- More than 2,000 assessments created by experts, customizable by you
- Collaborate & share assessments privately within your school or district
- Ability to pull Google Classrooms into Edulastic shortening the class set-up process.
- Google sign-up and sign-on. Be sure to look for the red Google button to get access without setting up another acount.
Click on the images below to view all of the question types offered in Edulastic. If you or your PLC would like training on Edulastic please reply to this email with several possible dates and a preferred time. Together we can sign-up, explore, and begin your first common assessment!
Resource Roundup: myON Digital Books
Through the Hoosier Family of Readers initiative, students and their families across the state will have unlimited access to reading material on myON, giving families an opportunity to share rich literacy experiences together regardless of their socioeconomic status or whether or not there is a proficient reader in the home.
- More than 4,000 digital books ranging from illustrated and picture books to chapter books, graphic novels, literary non-fiction, photo and informational texts spanning multiple eras and cultures.
- The collection includes 70% nonfiction, 10% Spanish or dual language and 20% Hi-Lo titles, and is continually growing.
- A wide range of titles and topics provides varying levels of text complexity and support close reading in a range of genres and content areas, including history/social studies, science and technical works.
- Books are available online anytime, anywhere students have access to an Internet connection, 24x7,
- There’s no limit to the number of students who can read the same book at the same time on myON.
- Students can download up to 20 titles for offline reading using free mobile apps for iPad and Android tablets.
How to Log In
- Go to https://www.myon.com/school/hoosier/
- Enter the School Name: Hoosier Family of Readers (The School Name will automatically populate as you type)
- Enter the username read and password read.
- Click the green Sign In button.
- Begin Reading! Click on All Books to browse through the entire myON Library and enjoy reading with your child this summer!
Note: Hoosier Family of Readers provides partial access to myON’s digital library through a single shared sign on. For more information about the full functionality of myON, which includes individual user logins, embedded assessments and the ability to align content with curriculum please visit thefutureinreading.com.
Google Tip: Let Google Transcribe Your Images Into Editable Documents
Need More Assistance?
Contact me, I'd be happy to work with you!
Bill is an eLearning Coach helping to facilitate meaningful integration of technology to enrich instruction, engage students & develop 21st century skills. He is a Microsoft Certified Educator and a PhD candidate for a Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology degree with an Emphasis in Integrating Technology, Learning, and Psychology.