Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021
The Latest News
- Students in grades Prek-5, 7 and 9 started classes yesterday, as well as Adult Ed.
- Today they are joined by students in grades 6, 8 and 10 through 12.
Full day HEAD START begins Sept. 13.
Click here for the full-year calendar.
- The BOE meets Monday night at the Lincoln Center at 7 p.m. and will an include an update on the opening of the school year. The meeting will be streamed live on the district FB page and broadcast on Silk City TV.
- Remote Learning: The state has decreed that instruction must be in-person except in cases involving quarantine.
- Masks: The state also is requiring that masks be worn in schools by all students, staff and visitors through Sept. 30.
- Visitors: Will be allowed again with masks required and names, dates and locations recorded in the event contact tracing becomes necessary.
- Sports: Fall sports are back as usual except masks must be worn indoors.
LET’s Talk: Latasha Easterling-Turnquest, the district’s Chief of Family Partnership & Student Engagement, is sharing reminders related to attendance as well as general town happenings and you can see her latest video here.
Adult Ed: Classes began yesterday and the new department website has all the information you need. Also, you can check out this enrollment information (and here’s a Spanish version). And the latest department newsletter is here.
Before- and After-school Programming: It’s offered in partnership with MELC (the Manchester Early Learning Center) at Bennet / Bowers / Buckley / Highland / Keeney / Martin / Odyssey / Verplanck and Waddell and online registration is ongoing. Click here for information.
Little League in the Spotlight
Downtown will be busy day and night Saturday and the details are below.
The Week Ahead
Thursday, Sept. 9
6:30 p.m. -- 12U Little league All-Stars celebration at Northwest Park.
Saturday, Sept. 11
9 a.m.-12 p.m. -- The Elks Club Annual Golf Tournament.
10 a.m. on - Second Saturday Downtown Main Street
2 p.m. -- Pinata making craft at Mary Cheney Library.
4-8 p.m. -- Third Annual Songwriters Association Concert in Memorial Park.
8 a.m. - noon -- MACC Manchester Farmers Market at Forest St. parking lot.
Sunday, Sept 12
10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. -- 41st Annual British Motorcar Show at Wickham Park
Monday, Sept. 13
6-8 p.m. -- Manchester Songwriters Group - in person, at Mahoney Rec.
7 p.m. -- Legal presentation by Integrated Refugee and Immigrant Services (IRIS).at Whiton Memorial Library.
Tuesday, Sept. 14
6:30 p.m. -- Grief Share at Manchester Church of Christ, 595 Tolland Tpk.
Wednesday, Sept. 15
4:30 - 7:30 p.m. -- Farmer’s Market at Northwest Park.
Also of Note:
- The Courant has the latest on planning for a new library.
- Check out the Manchester Historical Society’s most recent newsletter.
- Better Manchester is looking ahead to fall.
- There's a blood drive today from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Buckland Hills Mall. Click here for more dates and locations to donate.
- Read the latest Manchester Matters here.