Argentinian Athlete Salome Bancora
The amazing 2014 olympic athlete
Alpine skiing basics
My wonderful sport of Alpine Skiing made it’s olympic debut in the olympics featuring a mens and women's combined event. There are a downhill race and 2 slalom runs.
I have composed a list of the following the basics of each part of Alpine skiing
• downhill: a steep descent against time
• slalom: a short race featuring sharp turns around flags
• giant slalom: longer, looser version of the slalom
• super G: slalom race that is a bit faster and longer than the giant slalom
• combined: one downhill run followed by two slalom runs; fastest combined time wins.
Viktoria Rebensburg, Tina Maze, and Elisabeth Görgl won the gold, silver, and bronze medals in that order.
2-21-14-Olympic athlete report