Brooker Creek Elementary
Hello Brooker Creek Families,
Happy Friday! It has been another great week at school. I know we are all looking forward to Spring Break but first, we have another week of learning.
We will be hosting Summer Bridge this summer at Brooker Creek. Information will be shared after Spring Break about registration. This year Summer Bridge will run Monday through Thursday from June 21st until July 16th. (no school on July 5th) We are excited to be hosting this program with many of our Brooker Creek teachers and staff.
Please keep in mind that our school will be closed during the break from Monday, March 15th to Friday, March 19th. We look forward to seeing everyone back on campus on Monday, March 22nd.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Jenn Mekler, Principal
Schoolwide Book Fair- Don't Miss Your Chance!
Hello Bobcat Families,
Be sure to check out our online book fair!
• Quality books guaranteed to entice your readers! Our partner for this online book fair is Junior Library Guild. JLG is an elite book-selection service that until now has only been available to librarians. Over 40,000 new books for children and young adults are published annually and JLG only selects the top 3% for its collection. So, you KNOW these books are going to be good!
• Shop from the comfort and safety of your home! With health concerns and social-distancing requirements, this online fair is the perfect way for you to build your at-home library from the safety of your home. And you can shop using any major debit or credit card – no cash needed!
• Direct-to-home delivery! Every purchase from our online book fair will be delivered straight to your door. You can also shop teacher wish lists and those books will be shipped directly to their classrooms. Easy peasy!
• Books starting at $5! Most books in our online fair will be hardcover and first edition with library-quality binding. Well below market price, books start as low as $5—and shipping is FREE for all orders over $30.
• Supports our school! Our library receives a percentage of every book fair purchase, and we can use these funds raised as JLG credit to add more quality books to our collection or receive funds in cash for other needs. Your support is so appreciated!
Visit our school website for more information about our online book fair or visit https://athomebookfairs.com/home?bfstring=zb2s5bpD to visit the book fair home page.
Thank you in advance for supporting Brooker Creek and helping us put quality books in the hands of your young readers!
Breakfast and Lunch Ordering Following Spring Break
We are continuing to ask our BCE families to preorder meals when possible. When parents spend a few minutes pre-ordering their child’s lunch, it allows our cafe team to plan ahead. These forms allow us to break the meals out by the teacher and have them ready when the students come into the lunchroom and reduce the amount of time they have to spend in line.