Unit 2 Summative Assessment
Places Cause Change In The World - Heidi Helf
There are many different things that can all tie into this claim. These include examples from my personal life, real life examples in general, and examples from the experience of playing the game Bullets & Ballots.
- Personal Life Examples:
-Within the social group of my family, conflict can occur with my parents when I don't find the standards for my grades fair.
- My soccer team cooperates and works together to create plays, communicate, score goals, and win games. If we lose, we come together to communicate on what to practice and how to improve as a team for next time.
-My friend that is new to the area has began to change very quickly just from being exposed to new people and things.
- Real Life (Historical and International) Examples:
-The social group of the colonists decided to migrate from Great Britain because they didn't like the way the social group of the British government treated them. This lead to conflict between the groups into war.
-When people travel constantly for business, they change from seeing and interacting with all different kinds of people in the industry and their different approaches.
- Conflict occurs between people who are different, so the social groups of white people and black people in the Civil Rights Movement encountered extreme conflict.
The Game: Bullets and Ballots
- My social group
- My particular experience
Conflict and Cooperation: How So?
- Examples/ Evidence of Cooperation:
-An example of collaboration between social groups in the formation of treaties is when my social group, the Guatemalan government, worked with the army & wealthy to create a fair deal to get our kidnapped member back in exchange for giving them votes and MSU's.
- Examples/Evidence of Conflict:
- Tension between the guerillas and the army& wealthy to the point where the guerillas decided to launch an offensive attack on the army&wealthy.
-There were arguments between my group and the army & wealthy in trying to figure out a fair deal to get back our member that had been kidnapped before cooperation could ever occur.
Connections Between the Game With Claim and Real-World
- Examples From Bullets & Ballots That Tie Into Claim:
-The peasants at first felt hopeless and that there was no one to help them, but by the end communication and cooperation occurred and other groups began to help them.
- Examples from Bullets and Ballots That Tie Into Real-World:
- A business person migrates, just like the people in the game social groups did. With every new location a business person goes to for work, like a conference, they encounter different people with different beliefs and have to find ways to work with them, just like the people of each social group had to do when talking with other groups in the game to find solutions.
- Back in the time of the Civil Rights Movement, the two main social groups of whites and blacks were deemed very different due to one main thing: skin color. On the other hand, the peasants and geurillas are seen as very different from the army&wealthy, because one side has money while the other does not, which creates a wall between them being able to understand each other, just like whites and blacks with their seperate treatments. This makes it easy for conflict to spill out in both of these cases.
Multiple Perspectives: How So In The Real World?
- Multiple Perspectives Of The Social Groups In Real Life Examples
- The conflict between the social groups of Great Britain and the colonists
- Great Britain: They felt that it was not right at all for the colonists to leave. They were their subjects, and that was final because Britain was their culture and most of their birthplace and they should remain defined as the British and follow government rules, like all subjects.
- Business Around The World
- Customers: They want to investigate they thing they would like to buy or put profit in, but need information. They do not want to go in blind about the product and its seller so they may come off with opinionated points of views based on news from other people about the business.
- The Civil Rights Movement
- Whites: They saw the segregation as being fine. They were getting the better part of the deal, growing up with the ideas planted in their head that they were already above someone black.
What Will My Social Group's Future Be like?
- My social group's future will not be very bright for many years to come due to the poor condition of the country and the people in it. We will grow more and more in trouble with the rebel groups who will have joined together out of desperation, and we will lose power. The government will almost have no say in anything because our cries for peace and negotiation will get weaker and weaker from the further disorganization and failures coming down the road.
How Does This Unit Connect To My Life?
My Social Groups: How Power Shifts, And A Hypothesis For The Future
- Club Soccer team
- School Friends
- Close Friends
- School sports teams
- Religion (CCD)
- When a player on my team gets chosen as team captain
- When my parents give me responsibility over my brother
- When my friends get in a fight and people take sides, and one side is more supported than the other
- When someone is chosen to be the leader of a group project
As being able to interact and see what goes on in my social groups nearly every day, I can make a clear hypothesis about what future conflicts there will be in my social groups. I hypothesize that conflict will become more common overall in all of my groups due to everyone growing older and accquiring new beliefs. Future conflict in my family will be between my parent and myself in disagreement of more mature subjects such as the plan for paying for my car, my curfew, and what colleges I should apply to.Interests will also split in my friend groups, and some friends will waver to darker paths such as alcohol or other bad choices and try to make us do those things with them, which will create conflict that will illustrate morals and beliefs at the end of the day. With even closer dates in the future, conflict will occur among my soccer team when someone will make a mistake in a game and someone will be mean to them about it, resulting in a fight. It is even possible to see conflict next year between other CCD students in deciding they do not want to be confirmed into the church. Conflict will be something real and difficult in my life, no matter my age.