BWMS Parent Update
Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year
BWMS is getting ready for a fantastic year. We have been hard at work preparing our new home at 555 South Old 3C Road to welcome 7th and 8th grade students in the 2022-23 School Year.
Please make a note of our Open House on Monday 8/8/22 from 6PM-8PM and Meet & Greet from 10AM-12PM on Monday 8/15/22.
We believe in our mission to inspire and guide each of our students to their maximum potential. To accomplish this task, we work hard to personalize instruction, engage students and use data to support learning. We expect fun and laughter; we anticipate overcoming obstacles and pushing through when thing may be tough. In the end, we desire for our students to be better tomorrow than they are today in terms of academic, behavioral and social keys of success. Thank you for trusting us with your student, they will love it.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Mr. Josh Frame
New MS Address - 555 South Old 3C Rd - Sunbury, OH
Although students will not yet know their classrooms, they will have access to see where their rooms will be and meet with their team of teachers during the scheduled Meet & Greet.
Important Information to Start the Year
- BWMS will host an Open House - Popcorn with the Principals and Office Staff - on Monday August 8th from 6PM - 8PM. Although classrooms will not yet be ready, we would welcome others to walk around and see our renovations and new campus.
- The 2022-23 Student Supply List can be found Here.
- The Online PowerSchool Portal will be available on Thursday August 11th. This will include student schedules. *Note: bus route information is only available via the web/computer portal and is not available in the phone app. Also, there may continue to be adjustments to bus schedules as we get closer to school. If you have a question about your bus route, you can call Transportation at 740-965-8967
- We invite all of our Parents and Students to our BWMS Meet & Greet on Monday August 15th. Last Names A-K will be from 10-11 and Last Names L-Z will report from 11-12. Signs will be posted to help your student find the Team of teachers within the Extended Learning Areas (ELAs). Students are also more than happy to walk the school but no teachers will be in their classrooms. Students can walk the schedule, check out the learning spaces in the Library or ELAs and socialize with their teachers. We look forward to meeting all of you.
- BWMS will review building and team procedures and begin building relationships during the Staggered Start the week of August 17th according to the following schedule:
Wednesday 8-17-22 - Student Last Names A-G
Thursday 8-18-22 - Student Last Names H-O
Friday 8-19-22 - Student Last Names P-Z
- The First Day for all students is Monday, August 22nd.
- All students will receive a copy of their schedule in 1st period class on the first day. 1st period classes will be posted in the student areas as well.
- BWMS Curriculum Night is Thursday August 25th with a 6:00 PM start time. We will begin in the Gym before giving parents a time to meet with each teacher. The evening will finish by 7:45 PM.
Other Opening of School Details
- BWMS cannot provide supervision of students until 7:25 AM each morning so we ask that parents arrange drop off schedules accordingly. At that time, all students report to their 1st period class.
- If your child will be absent, please call the attendance line at 740-965-7786 by 8:30 AM on the day of the absence.
- Parent Drop Off and Pick Up should use S Old 3C entrance and the loop in front of the school to exit using the same road. Only buses should enter and leave using the old BWI path for safety reasons. We ask that you pull all the way down to the Orange Cone so we can drop off and pick up as many students as possible. Student pick up will be different this year and we appreciate your patience.
Reminder for 7th Grade Families
1 First day of practices for Fall Sports
8 New BWMS Open House 6:00-8:00
11 Schedule Posting for Students
15 BWMS Meet & Greet 10:00-12:00
17-19 Staggered Starts
22 1st Day with All Students
22 W STAR Assessments (7 & 8 Reading & Math)
25 Curriculum Night 6:00-8:00
30 8th Grade Data Teams
31 7th Grade Data Teams
5 Labor Day (no school)
6-9 Student Council/SOAR Elections
16 STAR reports sent Home
16 Grade Update Day
19 Teacher PD Day / Fair Day
21 Picture Day 7:45-2:20
26-30 Spirit Week
27 Conferences, 3:30-7:30
Stay Connected with BWMS w/ Schoology
Schoology is used as our district's communication tool, as well as an avenue for parents to check their child's school work, due dates, and upcoming events. To make it easier for you, parents do not need to join or leave groups this year! Simply log in, and all school and district information will be on the newsfeed. If you don't have an account, create one by using the Parent Access Code (Don't know what the code is? Ask your child's building secretary or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to visit bwls.net/schoology.aspx for additional information and tutorial videos.
All information for BWMS athletics can be found at bigwalnutathletics.net and on Schoology.
We are committed to seeking out our military connected families and assisting those families as needed. Should an immediate family member currently be serving in the military, please complete this form.