Harris Weekly Update
March 13 - March 24
SPRING BREAK (NO SCHOOL) MARCH 13 - 24
This Week at Harris
MARCH 13 - 24 SPRING BREAK NO SCHOOL
Adverse Childhood Experiences (Parent Class Series), 4:00 ( Library)
Kindergarten Readiness Fair, 4:00 (Highland High)
Site Council Meeting, 3:00 (Library)
Governing Board Meeting, 6:00 (District)
5th Grade AASA Science Test Part I
5th Grade AASA Science Test Part II
Early Release @1:55
5th Grade AASA Science Test Part III
AASA Play Day!
Parent Tips for Upcoming State Testing
Child Crisis Parent Class Series at Harris
Erate Program Information
Here's some information from the Arizona Department of Education Erate program.
Free Internet helps with homework!
WIC, SNAP, or Medicaid families may qualify.
Families of students who receive free school breakfast or lunch, including through the community eligibility provision, qualify.
Discount for Internet service.
AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM - 2 STEPS TO ENROLL
1. Go to ACPBenefit.org to apply today.
2. Then select your preferred participating internet provider to have the discount applied to your bill.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a Federal Communications Commission Benefit Program. For more information: getacp.org or getmyinternet.org.
Upcoming Events at Harris
Autism Awareness Week begins
Elementary Art Show, 5:00 (Norwood Furniture)
Grades 3rd - 6th AASA Writing Test
Governing Board Meeting, 6:00 (@District)
Early Release @1:55
Spring Holiday (NO SCHOOL)
Grades 3rd - 6th AASA Reading Test Part 1
Grades 3rd - 6th AASA Reading Test Part II
Grades 3rd - 6th AASA Math Test Part I
Grades 3rd - 6th AASA Math Test Part II
3rd Grade AASA ORF
Free Meals for Free and Reduced Students
The Arizona Department of Education will waive fees for breakfast and lunch for students qualifying for reduced-price school meals beginning January 2023. This investment will make school meals free for thousands of Arizona students who are eligible. The funding will last through the end of the 2023/24 school year. Additional details will be made available on the Nutrition Services website in the coming weeks. | View Here
DISTRICT PRESCHOOL PROGRAMS 2023 / 2024
IMPORTANT DAILY SCHOOL REMINDERS
- Handicap Parking is for those that either have a designated plate or sticker prominently displayed. DO NOT park in this zone if you do not have a plate or sticker
- There is NO LEFT TURN when leaving the Harris parking lot during the hours of 2:30PM-3:00PM
- Students cannot arrive on campus until 7:45 AM as there is NO School Supervision until this time. For the safety of your child, please be sure they are not left unattended.
- Reminders: Parents will not be allowed inside the building without prior approval. Safety for our children must remain top priority.
- Students will not be removed from their classrooms until parents arrive even if calling in advance.
- Please remember to bring your ID when picking up your student during school hours. This is for the safety of your student.
- The cut-off time to pull students out early is 2:35PM (1:35PM on Weds) If you arrive after this time to sign your child out, you will have to wait until the dismissal bell rings.
- We understand life happens and there are times when you may be late after school to pick up your child. Please be sure to communicate with the front office if this should occur. Otherwise, we expect your child to be picked up on time as school ends promptly @ 2:55 PM (1:55PM on Weds) (11:55AM on half days)
What Does It Mean To Be A Title I School?
Title I is the largest federal aid program for public schools. Schools can be designated as “Title I” if certain criteria are met. Title I is the federal government’s commitment to closing the achievement gap between low-income and moderate to high income students. These funds are used to help all students meet academic standards. Click the links below to learn more!
2022-2023 Harris Title I Annual Meeting Presentation
Learning is Required Agreement
Learning is Required Agreement - Preschool
Learning is Required Agreement - SPICE 1
How We Implement Title Funds at Harris
My name is Lorena Martinez and am a paraprofessional under the Title 1 program. One of my jobs is working with small groups in several classrooms and I also do one on one testing every other week or when needed. At the same time, I translate for the Math Department when our teachers do the Math Diagnostics test with students individually.
Hi! I am Christie Williams, Title 1 Paraprofessional. My position here at Harris Elementary is working with Title 1 students from Kindergarten to 6th grade. We teach the skills the students need for fluent reading, grammar and phonics. The students are tested by weekly to check for improvements by us as well.