Friday Notes for LMS Staff
August 11, 2017
Back to School Plan
LMS Staff Google Classroom
Before coming to Apple Training on August 15
- Go to the NPS Kiosk at the top right of your screen.
- Select install software
- Select the following programs:
- Google Pages
- Key Note
- Garage Band
We will have assistance in the library on the teacher work day for those that need assistance.
GCN Updates and Due Dates
The Global Compliance Network (GCN) server update is complete and you may begin working on your 2017-2018 annual required Professional Development. The following trainings are required for ALL staff, certified and support.
Compliance Training on GCN
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act) (due by 8/17/17)
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness for Employees (due by 9/8/17)
- Bloodborne Pathogens (due by 9/8/17)
- Bullying (due by 9/8/17)
- Child Abuse Awareness (due by 9/8/17)
- Hazard Communications (due by 9/8/17)
- Title IX (due by 9/8/17)
Additional Requirements for CERTIFIED Staff:
- Internet Safety (due by 10/20/17)
- Digital Security and Protection (due by 10/20/17)
Additional Requirements for Administrative and Instructional Staff:
These tutorials can be found under the "Optional Tutorials" Tab.
- Discrimination (due by 9/8/17)
- Diversity for Supervisors (due by 9/8/17)
You will be able to view your required tutorials at the following link: http://site.gcntraining.com/.
Click on "Login to view training."
- Click on “existing user”
- The Organization ID is "norman" (lower case)
- If you are a new employee for the 17-18 school year, your “Personal ID” will be your 5-digit EID#
The program will list the tutorials you are required to complete.
Your administrator will have access to a report of your tutorial completion. It is not necessary to print your certificate of completion unless you would like it for your personal records.
If you were a
guestteacher for NPS last year, please do not complete these tutorials as a
login usingthe directions above. This will link you to your school.
If you have any issues logging in, please contact Dawn Denton at the PDC.
email@example.com or 366-5856