Brookwood Elementary School - December 10, 2021
Mark Your Calendar:
- December 13 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 5; 2-3 - Day 9
- December 14 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 6; 2-3 - Day 10
- December 14 - 6:30 pm - 5th Grade Chorus and Guitar Club Performance at Grace Church
- December 15 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 7; 2-3 - Day 1
- December 15 - K-2 Winter Class Parties (information coming home from your child's teacher)
- December 16 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 8; 2-3 - Day 2
- December 16 - 3-5 Winter Class Parties (information coming home from your child's teacher)
- December 16 - Dogwood Pizza Night
- December 17 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 9; 2-3 - Day 3
- December 17 - School-wide Polar Express Day - Wear your PJs!
- December 20 - January 5 - Winter Break - Student & Staff Holidays
- January 6 - Begin Second Semester
- January 17 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Student & Staff Holiday
- January 24 - Good News Club/Kids Life begins meeting again
- January 25 - Digital Learning Day #4
Brookwood Elementary's Candlelight Luncheon 2021
Brookwood Elementary's Colt Cafe' turned into a Winter Wonderland for the 2021 Candlelight Luncheon on December 9th and 10th. Students enjoyed eating by "candle"light in the snowy atmosphere. Thank you to the staff members who worked hard after school to transform the cafeteria and create such a special experience for our students.
Happy Hawaiian Holidays!
🌺Hauʻoli lā hoʻomaha🌺, which means Happy Holidays in the Hawaiian language!
On Tuesday, December 14th, Brookwood Elementary students and staff are invited to participate in a Hawaiian Holiday theme day. Wear your Hawaiian, floral, or summertime colors. Brookwood Elementary's Relay for Life team will also be selling Hawaiian leis in the morning during arrival. Leis will sell for $2 each for floral and $1 each for solid.
Brookwood Elementary's Polar Express Day
BROOKWOOD ELEMENTARY NEEDS YOU!
If you are interested in applying to be Brookwood Elementary's next cafeteria monitor, please contact Bridget Fagan (770-736-4360) in the front office.
TRAVELING OUTSIDE THE U.S. DURING Winter BREAK?
For unvaccinated travelers...
The CDC recommends that unvaccinated travelers get tested for COVID-19 from 3 to 5 days after returning AND self-quarantine at home for a full 7 days after travel.
- Unvaccinated travelers who test positive must isolate to protect others from getting infected, following isolation guidance for a positive case.
- Even travelers who test negative should self-quarantine at home for the full 7 days. All unvaccinated students and staff who travel outside the U.S. should self-quarantine at home, and will not be able to return to school or work for at least 7 days after their return to the U.S.
- Travelers who choose not to be tested should self-quarantine at home for a full 10 days after travel.
- Unvaccinated travelers should avoid being around people who are at increased risk for 14 days, whether tested or not.
For fully vaccinated travelers...
- Fully vaccinated travelers do not have to quarantine. However, the CDC recommends getting a viral test 3 to 5 days after travel.
- If the test is positive, they should follow isolation guidance for a positive case.
- Vaccinated travelers also should self-monitor for symptoms. If they develop symptoms within 14 days of international travel, they should isolate and get tested.
Join the BES Team for Run the Reagan
Race proceeds will also go to benefit the The Southeast Gwinnett Cooperative Ministry, The Lilburn Cooperative Ministry, and The Brookwood Schools Foundation.
A Message from the Clinic - Donations Needed!
All sizes of boys' and girls' athletic-type pants or shorts are needed. Donations can be sent in with students or dropped off at the Brookwood Elementary front office.
Bidding for Good
- Lunch with the Principal (1 of 2) - auction ends Jan. 14, 2022
- Lunch with the Principal (2 of 2) - auction ends Jan. 14, 2022
- Morning Announcements with the Principal for a Week - auction ends Feb. 4, 2022
A MESSAGE FROM The BES HEALTH RESPONSE TEAM
Did you know that Brookwood ES has a Health Response Team (HRT) which manages and communicates COVID related information with staff, students and parents? The HRT gathers information, conducts contact investigations and communicates as needed. In the next few months, it is important that you continue to alert the school if your child develops symptoms or tests positive for the virus.
Common symptoms include:
Fever (100.4 or higher), Cough, Shortness of breath, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting, sore throat, fatigue
Brookwood ES HRT Members:
Brookwood ES: 770-736-4360
Brooke Ahlers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridget Fagan: email@example.com
Tiffany Pruitt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Taylor: email@example.com