2022-2023 All-Staff Institute Days
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year
Zion District 6 Staff,
Welcome To the 2022-2023 School Year! We are excited to kick off the year together during our All-Staff Teacher Institute Day on Monday, August 15 and Tuesday, August 16! The days' events are filled with practical training sessions aligned to your role at District 6. Staff will also be provided time within their buildings to prepare for the arrival of our students.
All trainings will be held at:
Zion Central Middle School
1716 27th Street, Zion IL
Please report directly to Zion Central Middle School on August 15th.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Digital Form: All Staff Institute Day Schedule
PDF Form: Attached Below
All schedules have also been posted on the Knowledge Base in the Clever Portal.
The schedule has been developed to provide:
- Focused trainings based on your role in the district/school.
- Includes sessions that target multi-grades, so you may attend a session that includes a range of grade levels.
To identify your assigned group and which sessions you should attend, review the group assignment legend included in the schedule. Please attend all assigned sessions indicated for your group. When not in sessions, please join in the Zion 6 Wellness Space located in the Zion Central Middle School cafeteria on the lower level. Snacks, beverages, music, and casual conversations to get to know one another will be available.
Monday August 15
- Complimentary full-breakfast menu items will be provided by Arbor Food Service on Monday, August 15th beginning at 7:15 am in the Zion Central Middle School cafeteria located on the lower level.
- Please arrive early if you are interested in joining us for breakfast as opening remarks will begin promptly at 8:00 am in the Zion Central Middle School gymnasium.
- All staff are to bring their district-issued technology device and charger to both institute training days.
- Lunch on your own.
Tuesday, August 16
- New staff will take a group picture Tuesday morning at 7:45 am in the Zion Central Middle School gymnasium before training sessions begin.
- Lunch will be provided by District 6 to all staff on Tuesday.
- Staff will be released to their buildings before lunch.
- Lunch will be provided in your building.
- Each building has a designated building-based meeting on Tuesday afternoon, led in person, by your building administrator. He/She will provide specific details to building staff regarding the meeting.
- Additional classroom time will be available on Tuesday for:
- collaboration with your team,
- meet with SPED/EL for caseload questions and planning,
- set up your classroom,
- or as directed by your building administration.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon. If you have any questions regarding the institute days schedule, please feel free to contact a member of the Teaching & Learning team listed below.
Donelle Staples: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Sajovec: email@example.com
Kerri Gilbert: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Melody: email@example.com
Elizabeth Gibbs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tara Thomas: email@example.com
Zion Elementary District 6