Ms. Furr's Social Studies Classes
6th: World Cultures & 7th: Texas History
- Morning Bell 7:55
- Tardy Bell 8:05
- 1st Period: 8:05-8:56 (World Cultures)
- 2nd Period: 9:00-9:51 (Texas History Pre AP)
- 3rd Period: 9:55-10:46 (World Cultures)
- 4th Period: 10:50-11:50 (World Cultures)
- 5th Period: 11:54-12:54 (Lunch/Advisory Period)
- 6th Period: 12:58-1:48 (World Cultures)
- 7th Period: 1:52-2:42 (World Cultures)
- 8th Period: 2:46-3:35 (Conference Period)
Late Work and Corrections
Failing papers may be corrected up to a maximum of a 70 within the six weeks it was assigned. I will not accept corrections past the end of the six weeks. In order to receive a 70, all corrections must be correct. Students are welcome to attend tutorials if assistance is needed to correct these papers.
Electronic Devices (6th and 7th Grade classes)
Cellphones are expected to remain put away or face up on their desk unless directed by me. At times I allow students to use them for research or to listen to music as they work. If usage is abused or refused to be put away, I will take up the phone and give it to an administrator.
Frequently used apps/purposes:
- Internet research
- Projects-video production
- GAFE (Google Apps for Education)
Tutorials: Upon student/parent request (3:35-4:00 pm)
Email is the best method of contact for me.
- Text reminders from REMIND: For 6th Grade World Cultures-Text @6thfurr to 81010. For 7th Grade Texas History- Text @7thfurr to 81010.
- Skyward Parent Portal: Grades and/or messages will be posted to Skyward weekly.
- Email: I usually respond to email within the same day, but up to 24-48 hours depending on what day/time the email is received.