Blue Jay Broadcast
News and Notes from the Hallways of MHS
Coffee talk with Mr. Guzman
Dear Blue Jay Community:
The first marking period has come to a close and we celebrate the students who have earned honor roll and high honor roll for the start of this school year. I have told the students on many occasions that the school year is a marathon and not a sprint. It takes dedication and commitment over an extended period of time to be successful and I congratulate those students who have made that commitment and those who strive to reach this level of success.
Along those lines of success, I would like to recognize those students that have perfect and near perfect attendance as well as students who come to school on time. These are the habits that will set them up for success after high school.
Next week, on Monday and Tuesday, parent conferences are scheduled. This is your opportunity to speak with your child's teachers about their performance.
We wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you get time to spend with your family and friends.
News & Notes
- November 25 & 26 are early dismissal days for Parent / Teacher Conferences. High School Conferences are 6 pm - 8pm on November the 25th & 1:15 pm - 3:15 pm on Novemeber 26th.
- November 27 early dismissal for students and teachers.
- November 28-29 Thanksgiving recess
- Key Club will be holding their annual coat drive from November 25th to December 13th. We will accept gently used, coats, so please ask friends and family to donate them. Volunteers from Key Club will be available during Parent-Teacher conferences on November 25th and 26th to collect any donations you might have, so feel free to bring them with you.
- Parents, remind your child to bring their school lanyards to school every day!
- Students who are leaving early need to bring a note to the Main Office in the morning so that a pass can be provided to them and they can leave class to meet their parent in the office. If a student is walking, driving or being picked up by someone other than a parent, that information will need to be included in the note.
Shout out to our students for being vigilant and concerned for our little friend that had gotten himself in a little predicament.
Another shout out to our custodial staff in aiding with the rescue! Our little friend was happy to be released and sprinted into the parking lot and underneath someone’s car.
Bird's Eye View
Are you on social media?
Follow the latest tweets from the Official Middlesex High School Twitter account!