Mrs. Bryer's Newsletter
February 11, 2013
News and Notes...
- Wednesday is an early release day, school ends at 12:45.
- Thursday is Valentine's Day! Please have your child fill out their cards and bring them to school anytime this week. We will begin passing them out on Wednesday. They can bring their boxes starting Monday.
- We will enjoy a special treat, sweet math activity, and looking through our cards on Thursday afternoon.
- Monday, February 18th is a Teacher Inservice Day (student holiday).
- I hope you enjoyed your child's first published book. A few of the students have already started writing more so that they can have more than one page to illustrate next time. Please take a few moments and write your child a comment. We will be sharing these in class this week. Return the book and bag tomorrow.
- We are coming to the end of another grading period so I will be assessing students this week. Please continue having your child rote count to at least 75. I will also be assessing many other math and language arts skills. I will let you know if there are areas your child needs additional practice at home.
- Remember to return library books on Mondays and homework is due Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- A class list is at the bottom of the pictures if you have misplaced your list.
Our 100's day celebration went very well! Children rotated around to stations and counted 100 Popsicle sticks, buttons, toothpicks, and Legos. They made a 100 piece snack, completed crafts and tried to stack 100 Solo cups without falling. We also worked with an interactive 100's board to create hidden pictures by "flipping" numbers. We ended the day with a kindergarten parade around the school and a mini dance party in the gym. Please take a few minutes to look through the snapped pics from the day.
100th Day Celebration!
Ahanna Alex Brady Dimitrius Dominic Donelle Dylan Jones Dylan Pekar Jayleezia Jayda Julitza Kaden Kirsten Madeleine Miranda Nichole Olivia Sedderick Stella Trevor Yamin Mrs. Bryer