Wesley Chapel High School 9/16/20
Message from Mr. McDermott
How to create a parent observer account in myLearning/Canvas
Prevention Methods for COVID-19
Please support our efforts to keep our students and staff healthy. Screen your student daily using the Student Screener and contact a medical provider for further guidance if your student develops symptoms or you need medical guidance. COVID-19 testing is available in the community. Contact the school nurse (RN) or administrator immediately if your student receives a positive COVID-19 test result.
Prevention measures for COVID-19:
o The best way to prevent illness is by limiting exposure to the virus.
o Maintain proper social distancing (about 6 feet).
o Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
o If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
o Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
o Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
Influenza Vaccinations At No Cost For Students
Pasco County Schools has established a partnership with Health Heroes to implement a flu vaccine program for all students this year. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is critical for our school communities to take advantage of this program designed to prevent influenza illness and reduce absenteeism.
We plan to offer no cost flu vaccine to all students on October 5 - 8.
This program is voluntary. Only children with consent forms signed and completed by the parent/guardian will be vaccinated. Consent forms will be mailed directly to each school and should be sent home 2 – 3 weeks before the scheduled date. Information will be provided to parents via district website, social media and messaging.
School nurses will be present during all vaccination clinics to assist you with logistics. If you have additional questions please contact Lisa Kern, Supervisor School Health Services at 42360.
2020-21 Flu Consent Forms
Free Breakfast and Lunch for Students
WCHS would like to announce that breakfast and lunches are now free to all students. Due to changes in the rules governing the federal school lunch program, Pasco Schools are allowing all students – and children 18 and under – to receive free meals.
Starting on Monday, September 14, students who attend class on campus will still be able to get meals in the school cafeteria, and now those meals will be free. Also starting on Monday, September 14, students who attend school remotely will still be able to receive school meals on a drive-through basis. Those meals also will be free. You can also get more information on Pasco’s school meal programs by visiting the Food and Nutrition Services web page at: https://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/do/fns/
Here’s how the program will work for students who are learning remotely through mySchool Online or Pasco eSchool:
- Monday, September 14 through Thursday, September 17, the daily drive-through meal distribution will continue at the designated site time – and meals will now be free. Designated locations and times are listed here.
- On Friday, September 18, the school district will serve a week’s worth of meals (breakfast and lunch) curbside to mySchool Online students, quarantined students, and children in the community 18 years and under. That includes Pasco e-School students. We will keep the same times already established for curbside feeding. Curbside meal distribution will continue once a week on Fridays.
- We encourage families intending to participate curbside to complete the Meal Reservation Form so we can be best prepared for curbside participation. Parent/guardians no longer have to go to their child’s school; they can pick up meals from the site that is most convenient.
Suicide Prevention Resources
Parents, please take some time to look at these valuable resources to help keep our Wildcats safe. Please reach out if you need assistance.
Student Drop Off Loop
mySchool Online Zoom Meetings
Free ACT for Seniors on 10/6/2020 at WCHS
The FLDOE has provided a portion of their Florida CARES ACT plan funding to districts in order to allow all high school students, especially traditionally underserved populations, to have at least one opportunity to take the SAT or ACT in order to quality for admission to a postsecondary institution and/or to qualify for a Bright Futures scholarship.
This will permit Pasco County Schools to offer the reportable ACT to all SENIORS on Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
Students Leaving Campus for Lunch and Lunch Delivery Services
Also, we are not allowed to have food delivery services for students on campus. This is a district policy and a safety issue to have strangers on campus.
College Application Process
Let's "meet" to discuss your plans! All grade levels!
Do you need help figuring out your next step? Do you have questions about the college application process? Are you wondering where you stand for your GPA and test scores for admission? Would you like to discuss trades, careers, or military service? Are you interested in seeing what you can do now to help yourself later? Email Mrs. Faysash at email@example.com so we can design a personalized plan for you!
2020-21 Athletic Procedures
2020-21 Updated WCHS Football Schedule
Yearbook and Senior Portraits Information - All Portrait Sessions need to be Scheduled at Gigante's Studio. They are no longer offering on campus sessions.
Information on YEARBOOKS and SENIOR PORTRAITS:
- Last year's yearbook sold out quickly, so plan on pre-ordering your yearbook early. Yearbooks are currently being sold for $80 with a price increase on January 1, 2021. You can purchase through the student fee section or through Walsworth's website, www.yearbookforever.com.
- If you are purchasing anything extra, such as a protective cover or name engraving, you must make your purchase through Walsworth's site.
- Senior ads must be purchased though the Walsworth site. These are on sale now through January 31, 2021.
- Seniors, in order for your photo to appear in the senior section of the yearbook, you must have your photo session with Gigante no later than October 31, 2020. Contact Gigante at 813-907-1078 to schedule your appointment. There is a $15 sitting fee, but you are not obligated to purchase photos. Only Gigante photos can be featured in the senior section.
- Seniors, Gigante will no longer be offering sessions on campus. All Seniors will need to schedule time at their studio.
- Seniors, want a chance to win a free half page senior ad (valued at $200)? There are TWO ways to enter:
- Preorder your yearbook by Friday, September 11.
- Either get your senior portrait taken by Gigante OR contact them to schedule your session by Friday, September 11.
Click the links below to download WCHS MySchool Online Quick Facts and directions on how to create a parent observer account in myLearning
When to Wear a Cloth Face Covering (Mask)
· The school district requires that all students, visitors, and employees wear a mask or other face covering while on school property and/or engaged in school activities, including outdoors when unable to maintain a distance.
· If you are a car rider, you should apply your face covering when you arrive at school before exiting your car in the parking lot.
· If you are a bus rider you should apply your face covering when you arrive at the bus stop. Face masks will be required on school buses.
When can I remove my Cloth Face Covering (Mask)
· You can remove your face covering when you are outdoors and able to maintain at least a safe distance from others, and at end of the day after you have exited the building.
· You can remove your face covering during meal and snack times. To the extent possible, maintain a 6 ft distance from others when you have your mask off.
· If occupying an office space by yourself, you can also safely remove your mask but should be ready to reapply as soon as others approach you.
Please remind your students to wear a face mask and keep their mouth and nose covered. This is for the protection of your student, other students, and staff members. Our number one goal is to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Wildcat masks can be ordered through your fees in your myStudent account. Keep an eye out for our school spirit store opening soon!
Bus Transportation Information for 2020-2021
Student Parking Passes
- Students must purchase parking passes ($40) through myStudent fees.
- All parking passes will be distributed during lunches during the first two weeks of school. Mr. Garza will distribute parking passes during lunch only.
- Students must have a copy of their driver's license, registration, and insurance in order to receive a parking pass.
- All new drivers must complete the Safe Behind the Wheel Canvas course located on our school website. Click here to access the course and complete it as soon as possible.
- All students, including students who drove last year, must purchase a new parking pass each year and update all vehicle information.
Emergency Card Information and Directions
The Parent Legal Notices and Emergency Card entry for families has in the myStudent system as of 8-4-20. Emergency cards must be complete before access to myStudent will be available. Please download the step-by-step instructions below for completing the emergency card. If you have questions or need assistance, please email myStudenthelp@pasco.k12.fl.us.