Oak Grove Makerspace
How to Participate
Signups are online beginning at 7:00 PM Monday, April 27. Sign up from anywhere with internet access.
- We have limited spaces, so we will be cutting off signups when spaces are full. Signing up does not guarantee a spot. All spots will be confirmed.
- You MUST sign up online. If you have concerns about internet access for signing up, please contact Ms. Coffey BEFORE April 24.
- In order to allow as many students as possible to experience our new afterschool maker programs this year, students must not have participated in MakerMonday or MiniMakers during the 2014-2015 school year.
- Students may register (by ranking their choices) for more than one session, but they will only be accepted to ONE session. Please only sign your child up for sessions that interest them and that they can attend.
- Parents must provide transportation home for their child after a Maker Workshop at 3:45. A permission note must be sent for each meeting.
We will contact all participants with info by April 29th.
Digital Bling (Grades 3-5)
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2015
Create wearable accessories with LED lights using simple circuits and craft supplies. We will make Neck Tech, Ring Bling, Hair Flair, and other types of Wearable Bling! Students will be able to wear home at least one piece of bling.
Limit: 8 students
Build a Bot (Grades 3-5)
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Love robots? In this workshop, you will use hobby motors, batteries, LEDs, tooth and dish brushes, markers and other materials to build a simple bot (a robot that completes one continuous action). Bot examples will include Brushbots, Scribblebots, and Blinkybots but you can come up with your own! Students will be able to bring home one of the bots they create.
Limit: 8 students
Sphero Robotics (Grades 4-5)
Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Learn to make a robot do just what you want! Using robotic balls called Spheros, students will write code to make a sphero change colors, move different distances and directions, and even navigate through a maze! No prior coding experience necessary!
Limit: 5 students
Coding Craze (Grades 1-3)
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2015
Anyone can learn the basics of coding! Learn to code with Angry Birds, Disney Characters (Anna, Elsa, Hiro, Baymax, and Rapunzel) , Flappy Bird, the Foos, and other fun characters. Continue what you learn at home after this workshop with online games and tutorials.
Limit: 10 students