Soledad Unified School District
Weekly Newsletter - November 1, 2019
Timothy J. Vanoli, Superintendent
Soledad Unified School Board & City Council hold a Special Joint Meeting
Michael McHatten, City Manger & Tim Vanoli, Superintendent
Main Street Middle School Community Room
This is the first time the group met in the new building. It had a great atmosphere. Thank you to Aidee Aldaco & Lorenzo Dominguez for sharing their space.
Updates from Special Board Meeting on October 30, 2019
- Mr. McHatten gave an update on the difficulties associated with the power shutoff and dealing with PG&E
- Hartnell- Soledad Campus Ribbon Cutting will be held on Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11 a.m. next to San Vicente off Orchard Lane
- The City is working on a long term project for a road extension that would go from Nestles Road by FoodsCo across railroad tracks to Metz Road. This project will take time to come to fruition
- The City is working on a round-about on East and Metz Roads to help with the flow of traffic. This too will take some time as the City is trying to secure funding for this project
- There is an established Youth Council for the City of Soledad that provides reports on their activities at both the City Council & School Board Meetings. Our students do a great job as they look for needs in the city and they come up with viable solutions that make this a better place for all the citizens
Frank Ledesma Elementary gets new play structure update
Thank you to the students, parents, and staff for their patience. Completion is expected this week and next steps will be the rubber surfacing install which is expected to begin the Monday after. Students will soon be able to play in the new safe structures!
The lights went out in Soledad!
So what do you do at school? Students at Frank Ledesma Elementary in Ms. Downum-Perez's class gave us some ideas!
Their teacher promised them a flashlight at reading time...
They said it wasn’t dark enough, so they closed the blinds. Lemons into lemonade!
Check out what the other schools were doing in the Student Services Page