Welcome Back Capital!
Summer hours for Main Office
Main Office number 854-4490
Counseling Office number 854-4499
Attendance Office number 854-4493
Attendance Office number PTL Line 854-4494
August 8 (Tues) 12th Graders
August 9 (Wed) 11th Graders
August 10 (Thurs) 10th Graders
8:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M. (A-H)
10:00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M (I-Q)
1:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M. (R-Z)
**Students can not register early, but may attend one of the dates listed above after their designated day/time.
LATE REGISTRATION will be from 1:00 pm -2:30 pm on the 1st day of school (August 22nd). If you are unable to attend registration during the time & dates listed above, Please attend late registration to get your picture taken, pickup ID/Activity Card, purchase parking permit (to purchase a parking permit you will need the following items:$15.00, car registration, drivers license and insurance card). Students who were unable to attend registration during the dates listed above should attend the first day of school. Please go to the Aux Gym to pick up blue schedules.
Items available for purchase during Registration for 2017-2018 School year
Parking Permit $15.00
Activity Card $30.00 - gets students into all home games for free (except District & State Play off games) All Student Athletes, Band, Choir, Orchestra, Debate & Drama Students are required to purchase an Activity Card.
Golden Eagle Pass
Please support Capital High School, home of the Golden Eagles, where P.R.I.D.E. (Performance, Responsibility, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence) isn’t a school motto, it’s a school expectation!
Purchasing a Golden Eagle Pass is an excellent way to show support for your student as well as the entire Capital High School Community. This pass entitles everyone living in your household admission to all Capital High “home” sporting events as well as music and drama programs for the 2017-2018 school year. This pass does NOT grant admission to any District or State Play-off games.
In an effort to increase attendance at our extra-curricular activities and make it an affordable option for our Capital families we have three options for your consideration.
Full year pass $125.00
Pass purchased at the beginning of winter sports $100.00
Pass purchased at the beginning of spring sports $75.00
Golden Eagle Booster Club will have Spirit Wear available for purchase
Spirit wear available ranges from lanyards to jackets, prices range from $5.00 to $70.00
1st Day of School 2017-2018 School year
7:45 am - 12:13 pm (10th - 12th Grade)
Parents please be aware of the two phone lines for the attendance office.
854-4493-This is the phone line to leave student absences ONLY.
854-4494-This is the PTL line for students who need permits to leave ONLY, as these are time sensitive they are retrieved as soon as the message is left on the voice mail to deliver to your student as soon as possible.
Please help our student assistants that deliver these PTL’S by giving them plenty of time to get these permits to your students. One hour’s notice is much appreciated!
Remember: Parent phone calls cannot excuse a tardy, only medical notes or an official appointment notice will excuse a tardy.
Unpaid Meal Charge Procedure
Boise School District
Unpaid Meal Charge Procedure
1. To provide parents/guardians with access to information to assure their students have food service funds available.
2. To assure students have access to a limited amount of meals until adequate funds are deposited on the students account or until the student brings cash for a meal.
1. Parents/guardians can make prepayments to their students’ food service accounts at any time with cash or check. Checks should be made out to BSD Food & Nutrition Services and include their students’ names and/or 9 digit (or 5 digit) student account number.
2. Parents/guardians can set up a free account on MySchoolBucks.com using their student’s 9 digit student account. This service allows families to check students’ food service account balances and make one time or reoccurring deposits (for a small fee).
3. Any funds remaining on a student’s food service account at the end of the school year will be available to the student the next school year, regardless of any school changes within Boise School District.
Notification of low balances:
1. Parents/guardians can utilize MySchoolBucks.com to check students’ food service account balances or set up free low balance text or email notification.
2. Food & Nutrition Services cashiers notify senior high students when their food service account balances are getting low, typically when the account is under $5.00. Elementary and junior high students are only told their account balance if a student asks for their information.
Notification of negative balances:
1. Food & Nutrition Services assists with funding an automated notification system that contacts families via telephone and email when their students’ account balances becomes negative.
- The system uses the primary phone number and email address listed in Infinite Campus. Parent/guardians must assure this information is up-to-date at all times.
- The automated system is set up to notify families five days a week by phone and twice a week via email.
2. Negative balance letters are sent home on a weekly basis by the Food Service Manager. These letters are either mailed to the student’s home address or, at some elementary schools, folded and stapled (to assure the information remains confidential) and provided to the student in the classroom to take home to parents/guardians.
Extending credit – students without funds:
1. As a courtesy, the Boise School District extends credit to students in the following amounts: Elementary and junior high credit limit is $15.00, senior high credit limit is $5.00.
a. Regardless of the amount owed to Food & Nutrition Services, a student can pay cash at the point of sale for a meal.
b. The student is allowed to charge only ‘first meal’ purchases as long as they do not exceed the credit limit. Ala carte items, including milk, second entrees or second meals cannot be purchased on credit. Funds must be on a student’s food service account or a student must have cash when purchasing ala carte items.
c. All extended credit amounts are to be repaid by the student (family).
2. If a parent/guardian does not want their student to charge meals, they must contact the Food & Nutrition Services Office at 854-4090. When requested by the parent/guardian, a notification will be added to the student’s food service account.
Emergency meals - when students exceed the credit limit:
1. Elementary and junior high schools:
a. Emergency meals will be offered to a student when their account exceeds the $15.00 credit limit offered by the District.
b. Emergency meal usage reports will be provided to the Principal (or designee) for follow up with the parent/guardian of the student using the account.
c. Emergency meals are for extenuating circumstances and must not be depended upon by a family.
d. Families needing to access emergency meals should contact the Principal to explain their need for emergency meals.
2. Senior high schools:
a. When a student has exceeded the credit limit, the student will be asked if they want the meal held until they can get the sufficient funds. If the student chooses not to pay for the meal, the meal will be held until after meal service.
b. The Food Service Manager will notify their Area Manager and the Business Technician at the end of meal service of any student who did not return with funds to pay for their meal. When notified, the Food Service Business Technician will research if the phone number in the system is accurate and to check if the family has been receiving notification. The school administrative assistant will be notified if the primary phone number in Infinite Campus is incorrect.
Repayment for unpaid meals:
1. Food & Nutrition Services will continue to collect unpaid meal charges as long as the student remains at the District.
2. Food & Nutrition Services may use a collection agency for the purpose of collecting funds owed.
3. The District may choose to carry over any debt owed into the new school year.
4. Families with students in a paid status can donate unused funds when their student leave the District (moves or graduates). These funds assist other families having difficulty making repayment to their students’ food service accounts.
Fall Sports Parent Meeting
Fall Sports Parent Meeting - Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country, Cheer and Dance
Monday August 7th at 7 PM in the Capital Auditorium
ALL PARENTS are strongly encouraged to attend.
Capital Football Information
For information about our football program please visit www.capitalfootballfamily.com
Summer Workouts are Monday-Thursday during June & July. There is no charge.
7:30-9:30 10th-12th grade
10:00-11:30 7th-9th grade
1st Day of Practice is Monday, August 7th.
Please contact Todd Simis with questions:
Swim Team Information
Capital Swim Team
Join the Capital Swim Team! First practice and team meeting at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, August 15 at the Boise West YMCA Aquatic Center. For more information contact Coach Kipp at Suzanne.email@example.com.
Athletic requirements and Information
Parents of Capital Athletes,
Before participating in any practice or game, student-athletes must complete the necessary documents required by the Boise School District and the Idaho High School Activities Association. In an effort to reduce the amount of paperwork and go green, the Boise School District has moved to an online electronic version of the required paperwork. The program used by all Athletic Departments is called CSMi SportsWare.
This document provides you with step-by-step instructions on completing all required forms.
● Go to www.swol123.net .
● Click "Join Sportsware".
● Enter Capital’s ID: 303.
● Enter the Athlete’s first and last name, the PARENT email address, and select "Capital High School" from the Group pulldown.
● You will receive an email within 24 hours that will welcome you to Sportsware OnLine, and ask you to create a password. Please follow the steps to creating a new password.
● Note: if you have more than one child participating in Capital Athletics, you will have to create a separate password for each child.
● Next login using your email address, and the password you just created. You are now ready to begin the online portion of athletic paperwork.
● You will be directed to the main CSMi SportsWare Athlete Portal page. Near the top of the screen, you will see a black bar with the tabs: MyInfo, Med History, and Forms.
STEP 3 – Athlete Information
● Click on MyInfo.
● Click on the General Tab
● Please fill in all boxes with a RED STAR (*) to the right. These include First Name, Last Name, Class (graduating year), Gender and Birth Date.
● Click on the Address Tab
○ At the tabs near the top of the screen, click "Address".
○ Under Primary Address, please fill in all the boxes with a RED STAR (*)
○ You may, if you wish, fill in information under Secondary Address.
● Click on Emergency Tab
○ Please fill in the RED STAR (*) contact information, including full address and a cell phone number, for both the Primary and Secondary Emergency Contacts.
○ You are NOT limited to just one phone number; please feel free to type in Home and Work as well if they are different from the provided cell phone number.
● Click on the Insurance Tab.
○ Please just fill in the name of your child’s insurance provider. RED STAR (*)
■ This includes “Idaho Medicaid”
■ If there is no insurance, please type in “None” *if you want school/athletics insurance please e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
● Click on the Medical tab.
○ Under “Alerts”, please select or type in any medical conditions and or allergies your child may have.
○ If there are none, please choose “No Known Allergies” for one box and “No Known Med Problems” for the second box.
○ Under the Drugs Taken section, please type in any medications that your child takes regularly. If there are no medications, please type in “None” in the larger of the two boxes.
○ Under the Doctor Section, please type in your Family or Primary Care Physician. If you do not have one, just type in “None.”
*You will be directed back to the home page.
STEP 4 Athlete Medical History
● Click "Med History" from the black bar near the top of the screen.
● Please answer all medical history questions "yes" or "no". If yes, please comment briefly as indicated to the right side of each question.
You will be directed back to the home page
STEP 5 – Boise School District Forms
● Click "Forms" from the black bar near the top of the screen.
● Complete the 3 required forms with an electronic signature. This must be the parent’s signature.
○ To complete each form, hit SELECT for the form, then Open.
○ Do this for all 3 forms
● You must fill in all the appropriate boxes and hit the Save and Submit Button once completed in order to reach Capital and be recorded
● You will be prompted to electronically sign (parent signature) after you hit Save and Submit.
○ If you forgot an area, you will be prompted back to the form to complete
You are now finished with your child’s Boise School District Athletic Paperwork!
I know that you may have questions, so please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com.
Pam Arriola MPE, LAT
Head Athletic Trainer
Capital High School