VCR Lesson 10
After the country went through a series of civil wars, leaving it barren and desolate, a large _____________ occurred and everybody moved to various neighboring countries.
1. any group migration or flight from a country
2. (capitalized) the dispersion of the Jews from their homeland in the Middle East
Choose the sentence in which the bold-faced word is used incorrectly.
- When famine became too much for the country to bare, large diasporas took place, and many people moved to other countries.
- During the diaspora, many people moved to another neighborhood or just down the street.
- The Diaspora of the Jews in A.D. 70 is one of the biggest migrations in history.
- Some people consider the Great Migration in the early 1900s (the movement of southern African Americans to northern cities) a diaspora of sorts, even though they didn't go to another country.