Think Different #42
Resources for the Week of Nov. 26, 2017
Looking for an excellent Stylus for your iPad or a Gift
I know you can buy a rubber tip stylus for a few bucks, they don't last very long and just are clunky when writing or drawing. At $39.99, the Pinpoint Precision X2 is more than half the price of the Apple Pencil. And it is also compatible with all iPads, all iPhones, and other Android devices.
Mine arrived a few days ago and I am very impressed. Absolutely worth the price.
- Works with the majority of iOS & Android devices on the market
- Adjustable carbon tip improves overall writing accuracy & even compatibility on devices with screen protectors
- Designed for long-term, comfortable use
- Writes accurately over an impressive 120º wide angle
- Quickly rechargeable
- Automatic shut off when not in use
Or from Amazon
How to Translate Languages with Siri on iPhone and iPad
Using "Wonder" to teach kindness
Educator Kriscia Cabral writes about using the novel "Wonder," about a boy with a facial abnormality, to cultivate empathy and kindness among her students. In this blog post, she describes how students wrote poetry and created art based on the book, and shared their kind acts on a class bulletin board.
Check out Kriscia ideas, Click Here
Keynote on your iPad & Mac, you know it is FREE, right?
7 Strange Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do In Keynote by Carl Hooked of Hooked On Innovation Check out how to...
- Make your own icons
- Create a Choose-your-own-Adventure story
- Make powerful Infographics
- Create a Color Pop effect with black & white images
- Design art for a Children’s book
- Create a GameShow Spinner (as seen on Jimmy Fallon)
- Recreate the Stranger Things opening title animation
- 10 Apple Keynote tips: Apple Keynote can create amazing slides for your presentations. Here we look at the 10 best Keynote tips around.
- Learn: Keynote iPad starter Guide for IOS
- Learn: Keynote Starter Guide for Mac High Sierra
- 10 tips on how to make slides that communicate your idea, from TED’s in-house expert
How to make a video with Keynote
iCloud is actually very simple
A Graphical Guide To iCloud from MacMost
Apple has expanded iCloud over the years to include more and more services, like iCloud Photo Library, Apple Music, iCloud Drive and iCloud Keychain. It can be difficult to get your head around everything that makes up iCloud. Here is a handy infographic that ties it all together and explains each service.
This is the 5th year we have offered iPad iCamp Day in the College of Education at Kansas State University. This year, we have a wonderful workshop presenter. I have gotten to know Kelly over the last 6 years and oh my goodness, what a gem. Kelly is full of energy, knowledgeable, organized and spends her time helping teachers integrate technology in her district.
- Friday, January 12, 2018
- Where: 1088 Business Building, Kansas State University
- Cost: $60 (includes lunch) space is limited
- Registration is Open http://coe.k-state.edu/events/ipad-camp.html
- KSU Education Majors: Earn 6 Professional Points
We'll look at teaching and learning with iPads and be reminded of best instructional practices to engage and enhance student learning. What’s hAPPening in your class? Come and discover how powerful iPad apps can bring collaboration and creativity into your classroom. Find your classroom “ POWER ZONE ” while students connect to content.
EMPOWER, INSPIRE and INTEGRATE technology in a way that can enhance how you teach and how students learn. It is about creating not just consumption. Come and be inspired.
This will be a hands-on workshop you will be doing and creating!
What we want and find most useful are: apps, examples of how they are used in class and time for hands-on creation or practice.
Another very important thing most teachers have trouble with is - How do I get the student’s project off this device? We can explore different avenues to use, especially with a shared iPad.
In the morning, participants will be introduced to an app/idea or lesson. We will explore real-life examples and then there will be time to create a practice together.
- SAMR – Finding the right tool for the right task. (Mixing paper and technology.)
- Explain Everything – the regular way to use Explain Everything and creating sorting activities.
- Power Zone apps (Notability, One Note, Scanner Pro, Good Notes, PDF annotating, Nearpod) Getting away from your doc camera and getting in the zone with students.
- Tiny Tap
- Adobe apps – Spark Video, Spark Page, Spark Post
- Padlet, Classkick, Seesaw
- Quizizz, Kahoot!, Quizlet, Quizlet Diagrams, Quizlet Live
- Fav people to follow on Twitter and YouTube
- HP5 Tools
- SMART Badges – Professional Development
In the afternoon, we will do a mini version of the AppMazing Race and participants will experience the Escape Room created in Kelly's district.
Plenty of active learning and examples you can take back and use immediately, along with lots of collaboration, brain breaks, and more. Get read for active learning and tons of fun!!