Pre-K Team Leader Meeting
3rd Nine Weeks- Feb. 3 @ Lucy Read and Feb. 10th @ Uphaus
Follow along or share the link with your team...
- Registration begins April 4th
- EC dept. will pay PK teachers for 8 hours of registration work
- Campuses will be allotted 8 hrs. x # of PK teachers - If a teacher can't put in the 8hrs., another teacher may work the extra hours as long as the campus does not exceed the maximum # of hours allotted.
- Teachers may log hours worked between April 4-29.
- In order to be paid for the hours worked, teachers must complete the registration training either online or at the face-to-face training on MARCH 1st at Sanchez Elementary at 3:30.
- Students registered in April must have LPAC completed before the child begins school in August.
PK and Kindergarten Orientation (formerly known as Round Up)
- PK Orientation is optional
- Kindergarten Orientation is scheduled for April 5th
- Orientation packets will be going out to Principals soon
EC Summer Institute
We will have a summer institute again this year! It will be 1 day only.
- July 18th @ Performing Arts Center
- Sessions include: Conscious Discipline, Lisa Murphy aka "Ooey Gooey Lady", Dr. Mike, 2 make & take sessions
- Registration will be through HCP (we'll let you know when the class is posted)
Pretend & Learn
Importance of Play Article
- Everyone read p. 1 and Recommendations pp.6-7
A- "Play Builds Competence in Many Domains" p. 2
B- "How Kindergarten Has Changed" pp. 2-3
C- "Long Term Implications of the Disappearance of Play" p. 4
D- "Striking a Healthy Balance" and "Creating the Playful Kindergarten" pp. 4-6
Share out a quick summary of your assigned section through one of the following:
- poem or rhyme