Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Prayer Requests Dec. 2, 2012
- Carman - unspoken; Colby has the flu; shoulder pain
- Kim- praise shoulder is much better; Joe had a call from a company for a phone interview. Pray they call for 2nd interview and job; Miss Maggie's right leg sciatic nerve is causing issues; Uncle Hank pray for peace, sleep, and comfort
- Ed - teachers and Security issues; traveling after next Sunday for a week in Savannah
- Cindy - students coming home or getting ready for break ; traveling next week; Christmas with the in-laws; a peaceful Christmas would be nice.
- Emily - Erica diagnosed with fibromyalgia and struggling with that; pushing people away. Pray she will come to the end of herself and realize she needs people. Don's birthday was yesterday.
- Melissa- Randy backache and an unspoken; mother will be meeting with oncologist and other doctors before Christmas. Families in Connecticut.
- Remember to pray for the children and adults in Connecticut. They will have emotional issues for years.
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
JOB chapters 1-3
They realized when they saw Job his pain was too great and there was nothing they could do. So, they just sat with him for seven days.
Job curses the day he was born then wished he was dead. He referred to them as "sorry comforters."
Better to be silent and thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Job 40. God's response to Job
Job 42. Job admits to not knowing what God knows
We have a God who understands our suffering. If God can bring good out of the killing of Jesus, do we believe He can bring good out of the tragedy in Connecticut.
Song lyrics ....Hallelujah, what a Savior!
and Mary gave birth to a son, wrapped Him in cloths, and placed him in a manger...
and there were shepherds living in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night....
An angel of the Lord appeared and the glory of the Lord shone around them....
December 19 6:30 pm Memorial Service
December 23 Matthew's birthday
Sunday School and worship AS USUAL EVERY SUNDAY IN DECEMBER
December 23 regular Sunday schedule
December 24 Christmas Eve Candlelight Service 5 pm
December 24-28. Church office closed
December 30 gulag Sunday schedule
Sunday , January 6. Sunday School Prayer Event 5:00 in Worship Center
Sunday, January 6 ONE service at 10:00 no Sunday School this day