January 30, 2020
- Coronavirus Prevention Tips from the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC)
- MAISD Insights: Zones of Regulation - Helping Kids Keep Their Cool
- Sign Up Today for the College Cash Campaign
- Michigan is seeking nominations for the 2020 Presidential Awards in Math and Science, nominations due 3/1/20
- MAISD Insights: "Tell Me" Kits Make Positive Impact in ECSE Classrooms
- Middle and high school students could end up on NPR through the Student Podcast Challenge, enter by 3/24/20
Tell Your Parents
- Join us for our Transition at Craig Campus Public Open House, 1/31/20, Noon - 1:30 PM
- CTC Culinary student recipes will be featured at Get Your Chili On! chili cook-off 2/6/20, 5:30 - 7:30 PM
- Become a Muskegon Star! and receive certification and FREE pass to area attractions 2/12/20, $25
- You can help! Train to become an Election Inspector in Muskegon County 2/19/20
- SAVE THE DATES: West Michigan Student Showcase is 3/18-19/20 at the Frauenthal Center
Get Your Learning On!
- Art Avenues 2/3/20 $40, Lunch, 5.25 SCECHs
- Mental Health 101 2/13/20, FREE
- QPR - Suicide Prevention Skills Training 2/20/20, FREE
- 2019-20 ACRI Community of Practice 3/3/20, FREE In County/$10 Out of County, Dinner, SCECHs
- Comprehensive Needs Assessment 3/5/20, FREE In County,/$20 Out of County, Lunch
- Essential Practices for Disciplinary Literacy Instruction in the Secondary Classroom 3/10/20, $25, 5.5 SCECHs
- MiPSE System Overview - Early On 3/13/20, FREE
Don't Delay, Sign Up Today!
Educator Externship - Healthcare
Attention Educators: Gain insight into the needs, realities, and challenges of the Healthcare workplace while connecting with local education and business communities; 2/27/20, FREE, Lunch, 5 SCECHs. Learn More and Register
Don't Miss This!
Governor's FAFSA Challenge College Cash Campaign
Learn How Your School Can Win!
Campaign runs through March 1
Get the facts on FAFSA: Did you know that completing the FAFSA form is the ONLY way to gain access to Pell Grant, federal, state, and most community-based financial aid? Join the Governor's FAFSA Challenge to increase the completion rate in Michigan to 75% in 2020! Learn More
Cool Clip to Share with Friends
Michigan Governor Whitmer's FAFSA ChallengeMichigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer and Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist are challenging Michigan high schools to encourage ALL of their 12th grade students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)! Please SHARE this video in an email or social media post by using this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NL06pbUtgA