Summerour Blue Devil Blast
Volume 2, Issue 18 - November 18, 2022
Dr. Looney's Message
- November 18 - Theatre Arts Trip to North Gwinnett HS
- November 21 - 25 - Thanksgiving Break
- Week of November 28 -
8th Grade Students Submit High School Choice via eClass
- December 1 - Basketball vs. Coleman (@ Summerour)
- December 1 - SMS Band Winter Concert (@ Paul Duke HS)
- December 2 - Progress Reports Go Home
- December 3 - Basketball vs. Dacula (@ Summerour)
- December 3 - Intervention Saturday
- December 5 - PTA Skate Party
- December 6 - Digital Learning Day (NEW!)
- December 6 - SMS 7/8 Orchestra Winter Concert (@ Paul Duke HS)
- December 7 - The Bridge (SMS Restaurant)
- December 7/8 - Final Exams
- December 8 - Basketball vs. Lanier (@ Summerour)
- December 8 - SMS Chorus Winter Concert (@ Norcross First UMC)
- December 10 - Intervention Saturday
- December 12 - 15 - Final Exams
- December 15 - Basketball vs. Pinckneyville MS (@ Norcross HS)
- December 16 - Last Day o' School (First Semester)
The Norcross cluster of schools has two outstanding options for rising ninth graders to choose from as they enter high school. Students and their families will have the opportunity to learn about Norcross High School and Paul Duke High School in October and November. Students will submit their choice for high school along with their elective course selections the first week of December.
Chess Club Selfies!
PTA Skating Party
5:30 - 8:00 pm
744 Beaver Ruin Road
- Parents must accompany their child to the event
- Current & future PTA members only
- $10 per skater (pay at the door)
Mr. Lester Moultrie invites you to celebrate and skate with our incredible students! This is our first PTA event with Mr. Moultrie as President. It's about to go down!
Theatre Arts Field Trip
The 23rd Latino Youth Leadership Conference
Saturday, December 3
Free for all students, teachers, and parents and it includes breakfast, lunch, and a t-shirt. For more information, or to sign up, check out their website.
Options for Spending Blue Bucks
Principal For A Day
Bus Safety Concerns
Students cannot be dropped off up front at the bus lanes in the morning!
All parent drop off and pick up are handled from the separate car rider lane in the rear of the building, Why? Buses move in and out from before 8 am to after 10 am. For safety, we cannot have our students crossing the three lanes in front of the buses.
Do not drop your child off in front of the building. They would have to walk around the building to the rear to get in anyway, so just drop them off there.
Parent Pickup Safety Concerns
Students who are car riders must be picked up in the rear of the building. Students are not allowed to walk to a parent's car parked anywhere else on campus, or anywhere off campus. Students who are being taken home by car, must be picked up from the car rider lane.
*Note: please pull all the way to the front of the lane for pickup, to keep things moving. Do not stop at the first door you come to
November IB Learner Profile: Thinkers
Thinkers exercise initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems, and make reasoned, ethical decisions.
IB students contribute to discussions in a meaningful way. They do not shy away from challenging questions and, once they know the answer, follow up by asking “why?”
Our Parent Center is located on our first floor, so it's easy to get to. Come check in at the front office, then use the Parent Center to volunteer, check-out resources, and get engaged!
Have You Tried the Apps?
Parents can use this if they have a Parent Portal account. It's an app that makes it much easier to quickly access the portal and navigate student grades, absences, etc...
We strongly encourage you to use this if you have a portal account. If you don't have a portal account, come to the school and set one up.
If you are using either of these apps, but it quit working in September of 2022, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. There was a major update last month that requires this.