February 24th, 2023
~ Message from Ms. Triplett ~
Howdy Wrangler Families,
Looking to this week, we will be celebrating Read Across America on Thursday. CVUSD board members, district staff, and community members will be reading to our students. We love reading! We would also like to congratulate Rohan Chittum who is our Lang Ranch Who Was History Bee winner! He will be representing our school at the upcoming regional bee.
Important Upcoming Dates
- 22nd - School Site Council Meeting
- 24th - Pep Rally
- 24th - Talent Show
- 1st - Spring Picture Day
- 2nd - Read Across America
- 10th - PTA Executive Board Meeting
- 10th - Movie Night
- 17th - NO SCHOOL - Staff Development Day
- 22nd - Blood Drive on site
- 22nd - School Site Council Meeting
- 24th - Pep Rally/Spirit Day: Sports Jersey Day
- 31st - PTA General Association Meeting
- 31st - Spring Dance
Blood Drive Happenings
No parking on Knightsbridge!!
Please be mindful of city parking rules to ensure the safety of our Wrangler families.
Minimizing Classroom Interruptions!
In order to minimize classroom interruptions, we have implemented procedures with forgotten items. We are receiving a large amount of deliveries for lunches, instruments, water bottles, library books, clothing and backpacks. Please encourage your students to be prepared and check for their belongings before leaving your house. We appreciate your support!
Please note that lunches for grades 1-5 that are delivered to the school will be placed on the table outside of the cafeteria. Students should collect them from the table. They will not be delivered to the classroom.
Forgotten Instruments will be kept in the front office. Students can come to the front to see if their parent has dropped it off.
~ Messages to students
If you need to get a message to your student during the day, please contact the teacher directly.
Keeping our Wrangles Safe!
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- Students may not be dropped off or picked up after school through the front entrance!
- Please be mindful and DO NOT park in Staff parking spots to drop off students. Those are reserved for staff members only.
A few friendly reminders for the drop-off and pick-up line:
- If you are using the drop-off and pick-up lines, please pull all the way forward and do not leave your vehicle.
- All students using the drop-off and pick-up line should be ready to leave the car with their backpacks.
- There is NO parking in the drop-off and pick-up lines.
- All students should enter campus through our gates on Sandhurst and Knightsbridge.
Lost & Found
Please do not enter through the front of the school to look for lost items.
The items will be donated at the end of each month.
Slate of Nominees for 2023-2024 PTA Executive Board
The Nominating Committee present the following slate of nominees to the PTA Membership for election at the March 2023 PTA General Association Meeting:
- President - Michelle Yee
- Executive Vice-President - Rachel Hundley
- First VP of Programs - Carly Hackbarth
- Second VP of Ways and Means - Lauren Cohen
- Third VP of Membership - Melissa Rubin
- Treasurer - Andrea Loveless
- Financial Secretary - Leanne Gardner
- Auditor - Jill McAnear
- Recording Secretary - Jaime Huang
- Historian - Kanela Artavia
Please join us at the next PTA General Association Meeting on Friday, March 31st for the elections.
Family Portrait Fundraiser!
School Cents Triple Points!
*ATTENTION 5th GRADE PARENTS: Time to dig out on-campus pictures of your Wrangler (and friends if possible) from years past and recreate them as 5th graders! Please submit these “Then & Now” photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Thousand Oaks Art Contest
- Girl Scout Unicorn Party
- Girl Scout Daisy Information
- Youth Volleyball League
- Conejo Valley Little League
- Sporting Football Club
- Youth Stunt Clinic
For any all day absences or late arrivals, please contact at us before 8:45 a.m. Call our attendance line at 805-241-4417, option #1 or email the attendance liaison at email@example.com to report an absence with a detailed reason for absence.
It is important that all positive cases of COVID-19 are reported to the health office. If your student tests positive for COVID-19, we need to know in order to ensure we are supporting your student through their recovery. The health and safety of our student body and staff is a top priority. If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19, please reach out to our office.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristine Kawaguchi at 805-241-4417 Ext 319 or firstname.lastname@example.org.