Gateway Middle School
January Parent Newsletter
Save the Date
School transfer online applications open
January 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
LIF Schedule - 1:30 release
Thursday, January 12th
7th/8th Grade Movie Social- After school
Doughnuts with Counselors and Principals 8:15-9:00 in the Library
Deadline for 7th/8th Girls Basketball Registration
End of Year Dates
These are important dates for our students, please place them on your calendar.
Friday, June 16th- June Jamboree (6th-8th)
Tuesday, June 20th- 8th Grade Away Day
Wednesday, June 21st- 8th Grade Celebration/Dance
Friday, June 22nd- ASB Moving Up Assembly/Last Day of School
Check out the Everett School District Calendar.
We donut know what we would do without you! (Meet and Greet)
It would be wonderful if at home you also discuss the importance of accepting others. Accepting someone just means you are showing all people respect. We all come from different backgrounds. Sometimes we agree with others and other times we do not. This does not mean we can't show acceptance through kindness to all people.
dropping off student lunches
District Technology and Student Use
It is important that our students are using technology appropriately. Please take a moment with your child to review the Everett Public Schools technology policy. https://docushare.everett.k12.wa.us/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-5935/3245P.pdf
• Follow internet safety guidelines
• Share with a teacher any information about security problems
• Keep surface of device and all peripherals (power cords, chargers, pens, etc) in original condition free of drawings, stickers, writing, or any other stray marks.
• Protect the device by being the only user to avoid being responsible for others mistreatment of your device
• Keep any passwords private only sharing with a parent or guardian
• Report any prohibited use violations or unauthorized activity without getting involved to a staff member
Examples of Inappropriate Use:
• DO NOT install any software not approved by the district
• DO NOT vandalize or tamper with equipment, programs, network performance, files, network components or pre-installed district software
• DO NOT attempt to make changes to the device operating system
• DO NOT modify or attempt to repair any of the hardware in your device.
• DO NOT develop or use programs to harass others, hack, bring in viruses, change others’ files, or to gain unauthorized access on the network
Hair Cut Resources
On behalf of Kutz4Kidz….
Don’t forget about the free school year-round hair cut program sponsored by NAACP and The Coverson Family. See the following information below and the attached flyer for more information.
What is Kutz4Kidz?
The NAACP Snohomish County and the Coverson Family launched Kutz4Kidz in 2018.
Kutz4Kidz is a free voucher program designed to support families and promote self-esteem in students by offering a year-round haircut program for kindergarten-12th grade students.
Who is eligible for Kutz4Kidz?
The Kutz4Kidz project is a program that supports homeless, low income and free and reduced lunch students. Also, Kutz4Kidz focuses on African American students with an outreach to economically challenged students that meet the criteria.
Who do I contact for Kutz4Kidz vouchers?
Email Aissa Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org with the quantity of barbershop and salon vouchers needed.
Join Our PTSA
Please consider joining our PTA. Attendance at meetings is not required, but your support allows our students to have more opportunities. Click this link to find out more information!