Volume 1, Issue 5 May 2016
Literacy Symposium 2016
Monday, May 9th-Parent Engagement Night Planning Meeting-10:00 AM at CIU 20
Tuesday, May 10th-New Workshop for School Counselors
Friday, May 13th-Live Broadcast from NASA Headquarters to PA Schools
10:00 AM – Noon
If interested in watching the stream, go to:
Monday, May 16th at 3:30PM-Delaware Valley University Information Session @CIU20
If you are interested in a earning a Masters in Special Education or Educational Leadership and/or a Principal, Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction, or Supervisor of Special Education PDE Certifications, please rsvp to Kathy Emeigh at firstname.lastname@example.org or Vic Lesky at email@example.com.
Friday, May 20th-EOY Benchmark Due Date
Monday, May 23rd-Title I/Act 89 Parent Engagement Night
Tuesday, May 26th-NPSS Staff Meeting with Teachers
Thursday, May 28th-NPSS Staff Meeting with Counselors
Wednesday, June 8th-Title I Coordinators' Meeting
Wednesday, June 15th-Literacy Symposium at Desales University
Thursday, June 16th-Aims Web Training for Math Committee (tentative)
Tuesday, July 19th-Gifted Seminar at Carbon-Lehigh IU21
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- HELP NEEDED! Please encourage your Title I/Act 89 families to attend the Parent Engagement Night on May 23rd. Currently, only a few families have signed up for the event.
- If you have your Form A post-assessment completed, please email it to Todd ASAP. At your EOY meeting, please be prepared to discuss components where you scored yourself "Distinguished" on the post-assessment section. Feel free to share evidence/examples as well.
- If applicable, please be prepared to share your SLO data at your end-of-year final evaluation meeting. We will use this data to score the success of your SLO.
FROM THE TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
A few staff members are beginning to see their IU email/account password expire. When this happens, the account is unreachable and locked until you reset the password. A Password Portal link was sent out earlier this year asking that each employee enrolls. That way you are not locked out of your account should your password expire before you are able to change it. The Password Portal link is:
If you signed up, you should have access to the account with your current password. If you did not sign up, you will receive an error message stating your account has not been configured. Please check to see if you signed up. If you did not, please let Christine know. With the end of the year approaching, many passwords are set to expire.
FROM THE READING COMMITTEE
- Progress Monitor DIBELS Next
- Below is a link to a company that sells Phonics Chip Kits. Please let Kathy Bossert know if you're interested in ordering a kit.
FROM THE MATH COMMITTEE
- Progress Monitor Aims Web