Team News 12.1
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Happy Advent, Team! We are people in waiting.
Good evening! I hope you have had a restful and recharging break. I am eager to welcome you back as we begin Advent together in hope (this week!), peace (next candle), joy (our 3rd week, pink candle) and love (4th week of Advent). As we begin this new liturgical season, what are you waiting for? What keeps your heart rooted in hope as we wait? Yes, we are counting down the three weeks to a longer break---how can we also center ourselves these three weeks in Advent, a liturgical season that reminds us what our struggles are for--the wait, the anticipation--Christ's birth.
What are the ways you will make Advent known in your classroom? Yes, those elves on shelves and Santa's good list are great temporary classroom management tricks...how will we as Catholic school ministers and teachers support our students in anticipation of Christ? Let's work together these three weeks to cheer each other on as we await our savior's birth.
Please be at prayer at 7:45AM sharp tomorrow for our opening Advent prayer. I will be leading each Monday of Advent to kick us off and our leaders will take over Tuesday to Friday.
Thank you! See you manana!
Team Meeting MOVED to 12/10
Tuesday, Dec. 10th, 3:45-5pm
Reminders and Updates
- Advent. Teach it. Explain it. Live it and love it! We are here together to celebrate.
- Please approve your hours first thing on Monday.
- Santa will be here on Wednesday. Be ready for lots of distractions and excitement and roll with it. Even MS gets thrilled. Enjoy and smile through it with me.
- Remember you will need to reteach procedures even after a week is out.
- I know as the interruptions begin that it's difficult to keep up with administrative tasks. Please prioritize putting grades into your gradebook by Sunday evening at the latest. Please email when assignments go missing or a student is in danger of failing, please cc me and Regina.
Classroom Advent Activities
A Classroom Christmas Gift!
SAVE THE DATE: Annual TEAM CHRISTMAS DINNER
Wednesday, Dec. 11th, 6:30pm to Thursday, Dec. 12th, 8pm
Bella On The Vine, Converse, TX, USA
Missed our Team Meeting? Minutes and Notes here!
School Schedules: Duty, Classroom and Contact Information
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Mrs. Rosa Out
Ms. Salazar Meeting at 2PM
Ms. Molly Out
Ms. Salazar meeting at 1:45PM
Wednesday: Santa Pictures all day. Students will be called out by grade level starting at 9AM with PreK
Middle School and 2nd Grade
Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast Day
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
October/ November/December Duty
Report Card Quarter 2: Grades AND Skill Sets due by Thursday, December 19 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 3: Grades complete by Sunday, Feb 9th.
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.