September 28, 2015
Mark Your Calendars
Monday, September 28
- PTSA Yankee Candle Fundraiser Ends
- Sub Folders Due Today
- NWEA Continues This Week
And the Week After...
Monday, October 5
- NWEA Testing Finishes This Week
Tuesday, October 6
- PTSA Meeting @ Media Center, 5:30 pm
Wednesday, October 7
- CBD shoulder-to-shoulder (pm)
Thursday, October 8
- Department Meetings, 7:00 am
FROM THE OFFICE
- Habit 1: Be Proactive - Look for this video to be pushed out this week for use during advisory. Remember, I plan to address "bullying" 1x month opposite of your Olweus Lessons.
- Athletic Eligibility: Teachers, we will be using the original timeline for getting student eligibility to the athletic department. Please let me know grades by Tuesday morning each week, and I will pass the information along appropriately.
- Welcome Beverly Nelson to the support staff team! She is working in 7th grade. We are still working to fill other positions.
- Anyone interested in Fuel Up to Play 60? There is a small stipend attached or there could be opportunities for significant contributions. Just let me know.
- There will be no more turning in iPads to the office. Any iPad confiscated (found left unattended or taken for misuse) is to be turned in to Nora at the Media Center. There is officially only one "jail." Of course, let the office know if discipline needs to be attached.
- Did you know that there are district guidelines for first aid (ie - giving ice and bandages)? Basically, if a student is injured to the point of needing ice, an accident form needs to be completed. If a student requires more than one bandage strip, an accident form needs to be completed. The office won't be handing out ice for old injuries (ie - "I hurt my knee while riding my bike last night.")--we want the kids in class learning. =) Check out the guidelines here.
- Editable annual goal sheets are attached.
- Dream more, learn more, become more!
- Critical information - phone extensions, schedules, timelines, emergency drills, etc.
- Text alerts through Remind - text @mms5678 to the number 81010.
- Don't forget to tell Jennifer all about yourself. If there is something you don't want to share (ie - something about you personally), just skip that part.
- Sub Folders are due 9/28.
- Website should be updated by 9/25.
Manchester Middle School
Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
To provide a secure, challenging learning environment which will empower all students to achieve their greatest potential. The MMS team joins the parents and community to assist students in developing skills necessary to become successful, responsible, contributing citizens.