Happy Valley School
May 13, 2022
Upcoming important dates:
- May 18- School Site Council Meeting, 6:00 pm, Via Zoom
- May 18- Parent Club Meeting, 6:30 pm, Via Zoom
- May 19- Room 1 Variety Show, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm, Stage
- May 20- PeaceBuilder Assembly, 10:20 am, Stage
- May 20- Pizza Day, $1.00
- May 20- Spirit Day, Dress as your favorite Character Day
- May 24- Talent Show, 9:00 am Stage.
- May 25- 6th Grade Graduation, 5:30 pm, Stage
- May 26- Last Day of School, 12:45 pm dismissal of all students
- June 8- School Board Meeting, 3:30 pm, Library, All invited to attend
- June 15- School Board Meeting, 3:30 pm, Library, All invited to attend
Talent Show Tryout Update
Happy Valley Talent Show tryouts will be held in the library during lunch this coming Monday, May 16th & Tuesday, May 17th! Kindergarteners can tryout with a parent at 12:15 p.m. Please refer to Thursday folder for the orange handout that lists what day your child is scheduled to tryout. A piano will be provided on the tryout days as well as the day of the talent show.
Acts need to be three minutes or less. If your child is dancing or singing to music, kindly have them bring the name of the song with them so it can be downloaded and played for them in the show. Please contact Ariel Stahl at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the talent show tryouts or show preparation
6th Grade Graduation
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
5:30p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Happy Valley School Stage
Message from Parent Club
History/Social Science Textbook Materials
Beginning in August 2022 Happy Valley School will be adopting History/Social Science textbook materials for Kindergarten - 5th grade. The staff have participated in a pilot this year, and have used state adopted toolkits to ensure that the standards are covered, as well as taking the following areas into consideration: technical quality, the effectiveness of material, content, gender, and racial/ethnic bias, and literary work. Our chosen adoption is Teacher Created Materials.
We value your input and invite you to review the materials. Textbooks will be available to review until the last week of school. Parents are invited to review the materials during the school day, and are asked to fill out a feedback form should they review the materials. Because teachers are still using these materials, please contact Michelle Stewart to make an appointment.
Last Day of School
May 26, 2022, all school dismissal at 12:45 pm.
Kindergartners are welcome to stay until 12:45 pm.
We will serve Pizza!!!!