Greens Prairie Social Committee
2 0 1 7 - 2 0 1 8
What is Social Committee?
The Social Committee provides various items for the party which could include: facility rental, food costs, beverage costs, paper goods. Often times the Social Committee will fund part of the costs while the staff member contributes the other half. For example: The Social Committee may provide the appetizers while the staff members provide their own drinks. This party is typically an adults only event.
Same as above, but this party usually is a GP family event where children of staff members are invited as well. This is usually held at the Saddle Creek Pavilion in May.
The Social Committee will work with administration to provide a reception to honor the service of the staff member. This might include finger foods, cake, punch, gift, etc. We want this to be a nice event to recognize a career in education.
Staff Luncheons & Other Events
The Social Committee may pay for items throughout the year to foster positive morale and team camaraderie. This could be celebrating national events such as Candy Corn Day or providing treats to the staff. For luncheons, the Social Committee will provide all paper goods. Other staff luncheons will be coordinated by the Social Committee. Last year we tried to alternate between box lunches from take-out and traditional pot luck. We will always have our traditional Thanksgiving potluck and fried turkeys.
What else does the Social Committee do?
Anticipated Expenses Throughout the Year - Social Committee Guidelines
ALL staff members need to communicate with their reps about the topics below should any of these situations present themselves in your family. Please do not assume that we know what is going on in your personal life. We are here to support you and be your school family when you need us.
* Faculty/Staff in Hospital: treat, gift card for food balloons, or plant - up to $25 for first hospitalization, succeeding hospital stays will buy a card with team support
(day surgeries will now receive a card from grade level rep)
* Spouse of faculty/staff in hospital - send card
* Child of faculty/staff in hospital - toy or balloons - up to $15
* Death of spouse, parent, child, sibling of faculty/staff - plant or book in library - up to $25. Grade level responsible for meals, etc. Grade level is also responsible for deciding if a plant will be sent or a book will be donated in memory of the loved one. Social Committee rep will notify the school secretary of the team preference.
* Death of in-laws, grandparents - card
* Death of students - plant to funeral home - up to $25
* Faculty/staff leaving at end of year - gift to honor years of service
* Christmas gift certificates to Cafeteria/Custodial staff - $10/person
* Bosses’ Day - $50.00 each Principal
* Gifts for Secretary’s & Attendance Clerk (April- Administrative Assistant Day), Librarian’s Day, Nurse’s Week, Counselor’s week, - $35.00 limit
* Treats: custodians, paraprofessionals, cafeteria workers
* Faculty/staff birthdays - Birthday notification email to entire staff, PTO recognition & cookie from office/jean pass from admin
Grade Level/Team Representatives
Your voice is heard through your representatives at our meetings.
Here are your representatives for this year:
kinder: Chelsea Eddy
first: Jill Peterson
second: Kristy Sullivan
third: Julie Cooper
fourth: Jackie Wolf
office: Casey Barone
SPEd: Jaime Slade
specials: Jennie Fortner
CAMP: Janna Nail
The first priority of the rep is to collect dues from every employee on your team/grade level. Cash only. All cash must be turned into Casey Barone with a list of who has paid/amount. These dues are to be collected by October 31.
The dues are as follows:
- full time employee $25 / part time employee $12.50
- paraprofessionals $15
It is the responsibility of the grade level/team social rep to inform the Social Committee President of a need to respond with a card or gift. The team rep is responsible for the card/gift. The receipts are turned in to the Social Committee President to then get reimbursed by our Treasurer from the Social Committee budget. This helps to ensure that all of the above expectations are met and not overlooked. The President will also keep cards on hand to get as the needs arise.
Monthly treats to the staff are also included in the grade level representative duties. This a fun way to celebrate odd days such as Candy Corn day or Cheese ball day. These are quick, cheap, hassle free treats left in the mailboxes or in the teachers lounge for everyone to enjoy. Please always send out an email thanking the staff and letting them know the treats are provided by the SC.
In addition, staff birthdays will now be celebrated by an email from the grade level to the entire gpcampus. Reps should mark birthdays on their calendars so that we can all help our fellow staff member feel another year older! If you are looking for a staff birthday, they are located at the bottom of each month's calendar in livebinder.
Finally, we are in charge of the bulletin board above the copier in the workroom. This is an interactive way for us all to share something interesting about ourselves or share with others about our classrooms. Each grade level rep will sign up for a time period to change the board with the seasons.