Room 104 News: Issue 25
June 3rd, 2016
This week in 104
On Monday we were happy and excited to find that our crysalids had hatched into butterflies. We took them outside and they flew away.
We planted some more flowers on the fence in the yard. Some of them are pink and one will be a sunflower. We are all helping to water them and look after them. They are going to look very pretty.
Dictated by the students in room 104.
Information and Reminders!
- Hats & Reusable Water Bottles: Now that the warm weather is here we will be spending more time outside for physical activity, nature study and free play. Please ensure your child brings a hat that protects them from the sun and a reusable water bottle to use throughout the day. Juice boxes are not recommended. They are usually too much for the children to finish and can’t be resealed.
- We had our last library exchange this week. Please enjoy reading the books together and have all library books back to school by June 17th so Ms. Zezima can do inventory and get the book ready for next year. Thanks and remember READING IS FUN!!!
- We will continue with Borrow-A Book exchange until further notice.
- Thank you to the students that are remembering to bring their mailbags back to school every day. We never know when we will have notes etc. to send home so please make sure the bag is sent in EVERY day.
- Poetry Folders came home last week for the last time. For the month of June we will be practising for the SK Graduation instead of doing the poems.
- REMINDER: we go outside every day so please make sure your child has clothes suitable for the weather at school every day.
- Many of the children have the same or very similar clothing and they do not always know which items belong to them. This is taking up a lot of our time and causing some upset feelings. Please, please help us out by making sure that all removable clothing has your child's name written on the inside label. Thank you.
Dates to Remember
Thursday, June 9th: Scholastic orders due.
Friday, June 10th: PA Day, no school for students
Monday, June 13th: Whole school panoramic photograph
Friday, June 17th: Pajama Day
Friday, June 17th: Last day of the snack program
Wednesday, June 22nd: Kindergarten Water Play Day
Tuesday, June 28th: SK Graduation
Wednesday, June 29th: Last day of school for students
Thursday, June 30th: PA Day, no school for students
Friday, July 1st: Canada Day
Special Helpers for June
Special Helpers for this week are:
Monday, June 6th: Charles
Tuesday, June 7th: Aaron and Elise
Wednesday, June 8th: Sumayyah
Thursday,June 9th: Luxson
Friday, June 10th; No school
Make this the summer of WONDER :-). You can go to the site by clicking the link below.
Please do not forward this email to others!
If you wish to unsubscribe from the list, please email me.