Hamilton Weekly Bulletin
Week Of September 26, 2016
Monday September 26-Friday September 30
- B Monday
- 1:30 Dismissal
- 8:00 Leadership Team Meeting Principal's Office
- 8:30-11:30 Coach Meeting
- 2pm - 3pm Goal Setting Meeting Habib/Weissenberger
Tues Sept 27, 2016
- Goal Setting-Refer to Goal Setting Schedule
- 8:45am - 9:15am Room 210 Physical Fitness
- 11am - 12pm Student Council Candidates Turn in Poster to Ms. Anderson in the Computer Lab (Room114) by 11:00am
- 12:30pm - 3:30pm Review360 Training (Ms. Watson)
- 1pm - 1:30pm Student Council Applicant Meeting (in the Computer Lab) to Hang Posters
- 4pm - 5pm Meet and confer
- 6pm - 8pm PUSD State of the School Address
- 3:20pm - 4:20pm Afterschool Enrichment: Chess Multipurpose Room
Wed Sept 28, 2016
- Bulletin Board for the Office Next Month-Webster
- Bulletin Board Foyer for Next Month-Barajas
- 11am - 3:30pm Weissenberger, Cooper, Anderson, and Watson at Leadership School Observation (Solana Elementary School).
- Computer Lab closed
- 3:25pm - 4:25pm Afterschool Enrichment Class: Art Rm. 114
Thurs Sept 29, 2016
- 8:45am - 9:45am Fall Festival Planning Meeting
- 9am - 10am D. Kononenko Initial IEP (Jensen, Yamada)
- 10am - 11am H. Schweitzer Tentative Annual (Habib, Ysassi, Devore, Cooper, Mrs. Weissenberger)
- Afterschool Enrichment Class: Legos Room 108
Friday Sept 30, 2016
- Friday Morning Assembly
- 3:25pm - 4:25pm Afterschool Enrichment Class Mad Science
Winner of Monday's Raffle........
Congratulations, Mr. Marrufo. Please pick up your $15.00 Taco Bell Gift Card from Mrs. Weissenberger
7 Habits of Happy Kids
Begin with the End in Mind
From the Desk of Frances Weissenberger
As we continue our transition into Balanced Literacy it is key that we effectively plan for instruction. This includes completing lesson plans based on the standards that need to be covered.
Starting this Monday, October 3rd, I will be reviewing lesson plans regularly. This will enable me to support you as we move through the school year. I would be happy to receive them either digitally (google drive or scan and email) or hard copy. Whatever is best for you. Please email them to me by 8:30 on Monday mornings each week. Please type lesson plan in the subject line. Raffle-Email me the words: Lesson Plans to be entered into our next A Monday Raffle. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
From the Desk of Erika Cooper
Suggested Teaching Points (choose one)
• Readers revise predictions as they learn about new events in the text.
• Readers use text features to help them understand nonfiction.
• Readers use text structure to help them understand nonfiction.
• Readers use context clues to help them figure out the meaning of a word.
• Readers analyze the plot of the story. (setting, characters, conflict, resolution)
• Readers use the comprehension strategies as they read. “Today as you read, mark a place where you used a strategy to help you understand the text.”
• Readers go beyond the text to interpret characters’ thoughts and feelings.
• Readers respond to the text in writing and use evidence from the text to support thinking.
• Readers extend the text by researching something that interests them.
To find out more suggested teaching points for all GR levels, you can find them at the following link:
- Please wear our One Team, One Goal, No Limits T-shirt on Friday. We will take a group photo and grade level photos.
- We finally got the labels for our Scholastic libraries. We will start placing them on books, Monday afternoon.