Technology in Second Grade
Why are we using all this technology?
What technology are we using to connect with parents?
- Smore: This is the website that we use to send home weekly newsletters. Please make sure that you check it every week for upcoming events and important classroom information! We do not send home a paper newsletter this week, so please make sure to check the Smore classroom newsletter!
- See Saw: This is an app that we are using to connect with you at home. Your child has his or her own learning journal, and you can get notified when your child adds new items. It's completely private -- only you can see your child's journal outside of class.
Click on https://app.seesaw.me/s/049-077-422to sign up -- it takes just 30 seconds.
Once you sign up, you can download the Seesaw Parent app for iPhone or Android, or access your child's journal on the web.
- ThinkCentral: This is a website where you can view the reading textbook online to help you prepare for your reading test. Go to www.thinkcentral.com and use this information to log in:
The username is the last name followed by the first 3 letters of the student's nickname.Example: For a student named Violet Beauregarde, her username would be: beauregardevio
The default password for every student is: bulldogs
- AR Home Connect: This allows you to view and monitor your child's progress in AR. To log in to Renaissance Home Connect Website, click this link: https://Hosted32.renlearn.com/79629/HomeConnect. If you'd like to receive emails showing your student's quiz or test results, click the Email Setup link in Renaissance Home Connect and follow the directions. To be sure these emails reach your inbox, add email@example.com to your address book. If you have questions about Renaissance Home Connect, please call your student's school.
Your login for AR home connect is:
username: (first letter of 1st name followed by entire last name)
login: (first and last initials)- use the name your child goes by
- Xtra-Math: This is a website that we are using for extra fact practice. We are using it in class and I sent home a form with each child's login information. If you need another login page, please let me know.