Friday, February 5th, 2016
Mrs. Jackson's Pre-K
What A Great Week! Here's Your Sneak Peek!
We have had such a wonderful week! It's true! Here's a sneak peek for you! (I love rhymes!)
- Things we love! We've worked on our cutting skills by cutting things we love out of catalogs and magazines. It's been fun to see how these cute collages have truly fit their little personalities!
- We broke out the dry erase markers and worked on writing/copying our winter/Valentine vocabulary and our names. We also got to use the big dry erase boards and work on our Handwriting Without Tears program. The students aren't aware of the program name, but you can ask them about Mat Man and they will know exactly what you are talking about!
- Living and non-living: One of our Science standards is to recognize living and non-living things. This has been a fun activity for everyone and we have enjoyed hearing little discussions about living and non-living things throughout the week. Ask your little one to tell you how you know whether something is living or non-living! New car ride game, perhaps?
- Winter Syllables: We had a fun time counting the number of syllables in each of our winter vocabulary words. The students enjoy taking turns picking a card and working together to "snap it, clap it, pat it, count it and FREEZE!". Another fun game to play at home with family names and items around your home. We love trying to find a super long word to use!
- A visit from the ice man: On Wednesday, we enjoyed a visit from the Ice Man! We had a blast predicting what would happen to him over the school day, creating a graph of our predictions, measuring him throughout the day, and more! He was still standing when we left school Wednesday afternoon, but barely had a neck! When our students arrived Thursday morning, their was a puddle of water in the tub AND on the floor....along with 2 eyes and a carrot nose!
- This morning we enjoyed a visit from Luna, the tooth fairy! We also had a severe weather practice drill. The students rocked both of those events. Show-n-tell was awesome, as always, and those 3 things made for a very different, but fun, morning!
9:25- Story Time
Ice Man was 19 inches tall and there was very little water in our tub!
11:30- Lunch Time
Ice Man was 17 3/4 inches and we could see a puddle of water forming under him!
2:10- Dismissal Time
Ice Man was 17 inches and the water was about an inch deep! His neck was much smaller and his nose was pointing down!
Valentine Party Next Friday! 9:15-10:00am
Please be sure you don't miss Donna's email about our Valentine Party next Friday! We would love for you to join us if you can! Please send in your Valentine's by Thursday morning! Let us know if you have any questions! Looking forward to a fun morning!
- Monday, February 8th: PTO Meeting 6-7pm
- Friday, February 12th: Our Valentine Party! 9:15-10am (see email from Donna!)
- Monday, February 15th: President's Day- No School!
- Tuesday, February 16th: Winter Break- No School!
- Thursday, February 18th: Truitt's Pizza Family Fun Night 5-7pm
- Tuesday, February 23rd: Chick-fil-A Spirit Night!
- Week of February 29th- March 4th: Scholastic Book Fair HERE!
Have a GREAT WEEKEND!
P.S. I couldn't resist the chocolate background!