Williams Parent Bulletin
We're looking forward to a wonderful 2023...
Welcome to 2023! We hope that you enjoyed spending time with your Wildcats during winter break. In the new year, please continue supporting us in keeping our Wildcats safe as they arrive and leave school every day. Don't forget that we will keep closing our school parking lot during peak arrival and dismissal times. As you may have noticed, we have had an increase in the number of students out due to illness this winter. Please see our office staff If you are in need of additional COVID tests and notify is if your child will be absent.
Your input is very important to us! As such, we have partnered with Families In Schools to host family focus groups to hear from you about how we can improve family engagement at Williams. We invite our families to join us on Thursday, 01/19/23 from 5:30-7:30 PM. Child care and snacks will be provided.
This month, we have a 3-day weekend (January 14-16) and are very excited to have our Wildcats participate in The Great Kindness Challenge. Please check out the spirit week activity calendar below!
In parent education news, we are very excited to invite our families to the "Achieving Well-Being" 3-week parenting series. The workshops will cover bullying, anxiety and depression. Workshops will be offered in English at Green JHS and in Spanish at Blackstock JHS beginning on Tuesday, January 17th. Families will be able to join the workshop in person or via Zoom. Please see the flyer below for more information.
Finally, a huge thank you goes out to our wonderful PTA for sponsoring the fundraiser dance on the last day of school before winter break. The kids had a blast!!!
Character Counts Trait - Responsibility
This month we will be celebrating the character trait of "responsibility." We invite staff and students to wear GREEN tops/shirts, bottoms, hats, socks and shoes on Character Counts Fridays this month.
Responsibility: Practice self-control • Be accountable for your choices • Finish what you begin • Do your best and keep trying
School Uniforms REQUIRED
We are a school uniform school. Here is a summary on our uniform colors:
- No open-toe or open-back shoes.
- No transparent or spaghetti strap tops.
- No torn jeans or pajamas.
- No inappropriate pictures, profanity or alcohol/drug related logos.
Navy blue, baby blue, white or gray.
Navy blue, khaki, gray or jeans/denim
Closed-toe and closed-back shoes. No CROCS.
PTA Fundraiser Dance - Our Wildcats had a blast showing off their moves at the PTA dance.
Winter Fun - Before winter break, parents enjoyed kindergarten music performances, followed by gingerbread house building with our littlest Wildcats.
WildTAPS Show - Mrs. Reed-Sanchez, our tap dance teacher, put on her first WildTAPS dance recital with 1st and 2nd graders in December. They tapped, they shuffled and they smiled big for the audience.
- Coffee with the Principal: You are invited to join us for a chat with the principal, our counseling team and our social worker team during our Coffee with the Principal meetings. Our meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month. Our next meeting is on Wednesday, 01/11/23. We will meet from 8:00-9:00 AM in room P7.
- SHINE Enrichment Classes: Students are invited to join the second session of after-school enrichment classes: Hip-Hop, Cooking & Actor's Lab. If interested, please see our front office team or reach out to our office at (805) 488-3541. More information is in the flyer below!
- Families in Schools: Our school is partnering with Families In Schools to host family focus groups to hear from you about how we can improve family engagement at Williams. Your input is very important to us, and we invite you to join us on Thursday, 01/19/23 from 5:30-7:30 PM. Child care and snacks will be provided.
- Great Kindness Challenge: Students are invited to participate in the GKC from January 23-27. During this powerful, unifying, and uplifting week, students are challenged to complete as many acts of kindness as possible. The GKC gives every student an opportunity to model kindness and develop key social-emotional skills that are vital for school, work, and life success. You can find kindness ideas below...
- 2023-24 TK/K Registration: TK/K registration is NOW OPEN. Please stop by the office to pick up a registration packet. We can help you process your registration paperwork Monday-Friday from 9:00-11:00 AM & 1:00-2:00 PM.
- PTA: Our PTA group is growing. If you are interested in joining, please reach out to Principal Granado.
- Student Devices: PLEASE remind your child to charge their iPad or Chromebook every night so they are ready for class the next day...thank you!
- Attendance: PLEASE contact our office every time your child is absent from school. Please contact our office if your student tests positive for COVID, so that our health office may assist you. (805) 488-3541
- COVID Tests: Please contact our office if you need an additional COVID test.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Williams School is partnering with Families In Schools to host family focus groups to hear from our community about how we can improve family engagement. Your input is very important to us, and we invite you to join us on:
- Date: Thursday, 01/19/2023
- Time: 5:30-7:30 PM
- Location: Williams School Library
We will be providing childcare and snacks. If you are interested, please REGISTER HERE.
If you find yourself in need of counseling support for your Williams student, please reach out to Counselor Hernandez at email@example.com. She may also be reached by telephone at (805) 488-3541.
Healthy Start Team
Our school counseling program and the Healthy Start Program sponsored by the Ventura County Human Services Agency are collaborating to provide social worker and community resources to support Williams families. Please reach out for assistance from our social worker team:
- Kenya Dominguez, Social Worker - ext. 3058
- Rhonica Rubio, Case Aide - ext. 3060
See the flyer below for more information...
01/09-01/13: SPARKS PE - Grades 2-3
01/09-01/20: Administration of 1-on-1 easyCBM Reading Screener - Grades K-5
01/10: Math Olympiads in room 2 - 2:35-3:35 PM
01/11: Cafecito con la Directora in P7 - 8:00-9:00 AM
01/16: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday - NO SCHOOL
01/17: School Site Council Meeting in the library - 3:30-4:30 PM
01/17: Administration of easyCBM Math Screener - Grades K-5
01/18: Administration of easyCBM Reading Screener - Grades 2-5
01/18: 5th Grade Field Trip - Gudaz/Hanneman
01/18: GATE Class in room 13 - 1:00-2:00 PM
01/19: Families in Schools - Family Focus Group in the library - 5:30-7:30 PM
01/19-01/20: Universal Screener Make-up Days
01/20: Mid-Trimester Progress Notices GO HOME TODAY!
01/23-01/27: CAASPP Practice Week #2 - Grades 3-5
01/23-01/27: The Great Kindness Challenge
01/23: School Board Meeting (Spotlight on Williams) - 6:00-8:00 PM
01/24: Math Olympiads in room 2 - 2:35-3:35 PM
01/25: Williams Spelling Bee
01/31: Math Olympiads in room 2 - 2:35-3:35 PM