November 13, 2015
FACULTY MEETING REMINDER
Our next Faculty Meeting will be Tuesday, November 17 @ 7:30 AM in the Cafeteria.
Student Profile Sheet
- Please be sure to read email sent by Julie Carter on 11/12 re: Student Profile Sheet.
- Beginning of the Year Data should be entered by December 11, 2015.
- This includes BOY F&P, Math Pretest (SPG or DDA), Reading Pretest (DDA), BOY Writing, and special services/program.
- MID-YEAR data will be due late January/early February.
GEORGIA MILESTONES DATA RELEASE
The release of Milestones End of Grade (EOG) results for schools and districts is scheduled for Monday, November 16.
- Congratulations again to our October Staff Paw winners: Kim Britt, Felicia Cathey, Abby Merrit, and Carol Upreti.
- Please remember to drop a "Staff Paw" in the box in the break room the next time you want to let a colleague know how much you appreciate them!
- Cafeteria Feedback: Thank you for all of the grade level suggestions to make improvements in the cafeteria. We discussed them at our PBIS meeting, and your PBIS grade level reps should have presented the totality of suggestions to you at your grade level meetings. More information on interventions and a timeline of implementation will be coming at our next faculty meeting on Tuesday, November 17.
- Thank you for keeping a "Pawsitive" attitude and staying the course with PBIS.
- Effective change takes time, patience and endurance. We appreciate each and every one of your efforts so far this year during our implementation!
- This is a newly developed online math resource that is requesting teacher feedback.
- Please take a moment to check out www.mathwows.com and email any feedback you have to Valerie no later than November 18.
- The latest posts to the online Communiqué include features on E-SPLOST results, graduation rates, "epic" Halloween costumes, and a roundball "grudge match," plus calendar updates and Bulletin Board items on a free parks pass, Parent Engagement Month, and the latest episode of In5ive.
- Coming up, watch for news on our Teacher of the Year winner, a unique career exploration event, and a celebration of our veterans.
TEACHER SURVEY REQUEST
- The Georgia Department of Education is studying the reasons why teachers leave public education as a profession.
- Classroom teachers across the state are invited to take a few moments to answer 7 questions to help the DOE better understand how to reverse this trend in Georgia.
- We greatly appreciate your time and feedback and know that working together we can make a difference in public education in Georgia.
- ALL RESPONSES ARE ANONYMOUS.
NOVEMBER 2015 CALENDAR
NOVEMBER STAFF BIRTHDAYS
- Sarah Guest has made the difficult decision to accept a teaching position closer to home. Although we hate to see Ms. Guest go, we understand the decision that she has made on behalf of her family at this time and wish her nothing but the best.
- Ms. Guest's last day with us will be November 20, 2015.
- Julianna Cargile will be joining us as a third grade teacher on Monday, November 30.
- Ms. Cargile's bio is attached below - I hope you will help us to give her a warm Camp Creek ES welcome.
- Jan Wiggins will be transitioning from media clerk to instructional clerk beginning on Monday, November 30.
- While we did not have enough points to add an additional certified staff member, we did have just enough "in the bank" to move Ms. Wiggins into her new role.
- Ms. Wiggins will serve in a variety of capacities that will be beneficial on a school-wide level - ex. daily copying, modified paraprofessional duties (all grades), inventory, assessment, etc.
- Taking Ms. Wiggins place will be Jill Youngblood and Traci Zimmerman in a shared part-time Media Clerk position.