We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
May 13th, 2016
- This week we finished publishing our advertisements. We celebrated our published work with a publishing party in class. What an unforgettable experience it was to publish on the iPads! We are becoming both writing and technology experts. A special thanks to our moms and dads for partnering with us in our writing experiences. Another special thanks to Mrs. Donovan, our "technology guru", for helping us with this project. Check out the video below to see our DIGITAL advertisements!
- Our video from our Special Person Day party is also posted below. Feel free to enjoy it a second time around. :)
- IMPORTANT! On Friday, May 20th, we have an early dismissal due to Incoming Kindergarten Orientation. The children will be leaving school at 11:30 A.M. There is no CARES! If your child attends the JCC, please call the office for more information. Please send your child in with a snack, but you DO NOT need to pack a lunch. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you!
Things we've learned...
- We learned the following high frequency words: yellow, blue, and green. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: ferryboat, jetway, plane, sidecar, subway, and tunnel.
- We learned the following letters and sounds: Jj and Ww.
- In math, we began learning about positional words like inside, outside, above, below, on, etc.
- In science we continued our plant unit. We learned about the part of a flower.
Books we've read...
- Max Takes the Train by Rosemary Wells
- The Garden in Our Yard by Greg Henry Quinn
STAR OF THE WEEK
Aidan was our star student this week. We learned that he loves to paint with his cousin and play lacrosse. He also LOVES pizza! Great job, Aidan!
- WE WILL BE HAVING FIELD DAY ON THURSDAY, JUNE 16th. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND GET READY FOR A FUN-FILLED DAY!
- As the weather gets warmer, please remember that the children must wear closed-toe shoes to participate in recess.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!