Difference Between Fats
HDL vs. LDL
HDL, known as high density lipoprotein, is the good cholesterol that aids in removing the bad cholesterol (LDL). LDL is known as low density lipoprotein. LDL backs up in your arteries and can increase your risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL levels over 190 can result in a heart attack.
68% of the United states are overweight
What to have in a healthy diet
- Foods from all food groups (Dairy, Protein, Grains, Fruits, and Vegetables)
- Drink lots of water, flush out toxins and waste from your body
- portion control, overeating can lead to excess fat
- read labels, some ¨healthy" foods can have excess sugar
How to Develop Healthy Eating Habits
How to Lower Cholesterol
- Limit intake of unhealthy fats
- eat fiber rich foods (fruits, vegetables, beans and oats)
- control meat intake and replace it with beans, nuts, or seeds.
Overweight, Underweight, Obesity
Obesity: The condition of being grossly fat or overweight.
Overweight: Above a weight considered normal or desirable.
Underweight: Below a weight considered normal or desirable.
Simple carbs enter your bloodstream the quickest., therefore getting metabolized the quickest.
Fat is not the most efficient energy provider so its not burned the first.
The bodies last energy source is protein, usually burned during starvation.
Webcam video from November 19, 2015 02:43 AM (UTC)