SAVE THE DATE
TUESDAY, MARCH 15, 2016
Organizational Change in the Behavioral Health Setting: Integrating Tobacco Dependence Treatment to Impact Best Practices and Patient Outcomes
Tuesday, March 15th, 9am-3pm
The Otesaga Resort Hotel, Cooperstown, NY
A FREE one day, nuts to bolts workshop on implementing evidence-based & patient-centered tobacco dependence interventions within behavioral healthcare settings led by Dr. Chad Morris.
Registration details and information on available accommodations & continuing education units to follow.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any healthcare professional empowered to promote systems level implementation of evidence-based tobacco dependence interventions; practice/site administrators, physicians, psychologists, nurses, physician assistants, social workers, clinicians, certified educators and/or peer navigators.
Healthcare providers are on the front lines for providing treatment to decrease health disparities caused by tobacco dependence.
- Understand the unnecessary health disparities smokers with mental illnesses and addictions face
- Become familiar with evidence-based resources and tools that assist behavioral healthcare agencies to integrate tobacco cessation screening, treatment, and referral into daily clinical practice
- Learn best practices for tobacco-free policy implementation
- Create achievable, time-limited strategies to facilitate health systems change in your agency
- Identify and connect with local Tobacco Control Program Contractors available to assist in workflow transformation and learn of the resources available to partner systems
Meet Chad Morris, PhD.
Chad Morris, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor at the University of Colorado Denver, Department of Psychiatry, and Director of the Behavioral Health & Wellness Program and Co-Director of the interdisciplinary Wellness Leadership Institute. At UCD, he is the principal investigator of multiple studies exploring the effectiveness of organizational, psychosocial, and pharmacologic tobacco cessation and wellness strategies. As the Vice President of Spark Inspiration, Dr. Morris also offers corporate wellness solutions. Dr. Morris has provided clinical, public policy and program evaluation consultation across 30 states and internationally. Currently, he serves on a number of boards, including the North American Quitline Consortium.
FUNDING PROVIDED BY
The NYS Department of Health Tobacco Control Program