September 14, 2020
ATTENDANCE REPORTING FOR PARENTS:
Reporting a Postive COVID Case
- It is recommended that parents or guardians notify their school within 24 hours of receiving a positive test or clinical diagnosis. This would include Remote, Hybrid, and In-Person Learning. Please follow the same procedure that you would for calling in your child’s absence by calling the school attendance line (216) 898-8900.
Timely notification by parents or guardians and school staff members expedites the ability to quickly track and inform regarding positive COVID-19 cases in our schools.
Parents and guardians should plan to include the following information:
- Student’s name
- Student’s grade
- Date the symptoms first appeared
- Date the positive COVID-19 test result or clinical diagnosis was received
- Within 24 hours after we receive the notification, the school is required to notify parents or guardians about the case, providing as much information as possible without releasing protected health information, including the name of the positive person. Our schools will send this notification through an email.
- Within 24 hours, the District must notify the Cuyahoga County Board of Health of the positive case.
- Beginning September 15, 2020, the Ohio Department of Health will publish school and District data that will include a breakdown by students and staff. This will be published every Thursday. www.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- The District will have a COVID-19 dashboard on our website that will be updated as cases are reported.
- In addition, the District has to have a COVID-19 Coordinator to facilitate the reporting of positive case information to Cuyahoga County Board of Health. Our coordinator is Cristina Capretta, Director of Marketing and Community Relations.
All Students Receive Free Lunch and Breakfast
The Nutrition Services Department began its fall Grab and Go program for all families this week. This program was modeled after our Summer Feeding Program, a USDA funded program that was also available to all families over the summer. We experienced a larger than expected volume of families who want/need food this week. We apologize for any frustrations to families who waited patiently in line and weren’t able to receive meal bags due to shortages.
To prevent any meal shortages with future distributions, it is now REQUIRED that each parent/guardian complete this sign-up form.
Grab and Go Sign Up form
Upon arrival at the pick-up location you designate below, you will need to provide your name. Your name must be on the list in order to receive meals. Each meal bag will still consist of 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 10 milks.
Also, based on feedback, distribution pick-up times and locations have changed. We will no longer be distributing food from Berea-Midpark Middle School due to a lack of space and storage.
Tuesdays: Grindstone Elementary School from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Thursdays: Brook Park Elementary School from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Thursdays: Brook Park Elementary School from 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Pick-up at Grindstone Elementary is at the side cafeteria/gymnasium entrance.
Pick-up at Brook Park Elementary is behind the school.
Students are permitted to walk up and give his or her family last name.
If your name is not on the list, you will be asked to pull aside and wait until the end of the distribution time to receive any available extra/not picked up meals.
Don't Miss Our First PTSA Meeting
First BMHS PTSA Meeting of the Year on Tuesday, September 15 at 8pm is open to all families, students and staff!
We will be discussing how to support our students, staff and families this year in new and innovative ways and need any and all ideas and feedback! Mark Smithberger, BMHS Principal will be providing an update as well.
To keep our meeting as secure as possible, you can find the meeting link on our new MemberHub Platform on the main calendar in the details for the meeting. If you have joined our PTSA already you can log in at https://bmhsptsa.memberhub.com/ Becoming a member means you are eligible to vote during the meeting and you can purchase your membership in the MemberHub Store for only $12! Students can also join for only $8.
If you aren't ready to join as a member, you can still set up a profile to receive information and access the meeting link by going to https://bmhsptsa.memberhub.com/join/8dod6k
If you need support or would like to receive the link directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Berea Midpark High School PTSA today!
PTA dues directly support your child. PTA dues help fund essential school resources and curriculum needs, including all-student events, teacher appreciation, senior scholarships, Post-Prom, and Reflections, a national arts contest. PTA dues support advocacy efforts at the local, state and national levels, impacting decisions affecting your child’s health, safety and quality of education. PTA dues support our work to strengthen connections between your family, your child’s classmates and their families, and teachers to build a thriving and inclusive community for everyone.
Junior and Senior College and Financial Aid Parent/Student Night
We are asking that families use the Parent/Guardian Help Ticket system so we can address issues as quickly as possible. This link is posted in multiple places on the tech website and was also in the handout parents received when they picked up devices.
Blackboard Student Login Information
If the Chromebook does not update itself - here are the instructions on how to force the update:
- Turn on your Chromebook.
- Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom of the left panel, select About Chrome OS.
- Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses.
- Select Check for updates.
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically.
The Chromebooks have not been used since late winter - early spring when the pandemic started - so some of them may need the updates forced.