CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, February 22nd
Principal's Notes and Highlights
Yesterday, fifth-grade students interviewed with local businesses and organizations as part of the Columbus Young Professionals Project. Over the past several weeks they have heard from several community members regarding interview strategies and resume writing. Each business will "hire" a select number of students to work for them. It is hard to describe how impactful these types of experiences are for students. These types of experiences are what project-based learning is all about. Thank you to the following businesses and organizations for investing in our youth!
- German American Bank
- Hotel Indigo
- Columbus Architectural Center
- Columbus Fire Department
- Columbus Police Department
- Bartholomew County Public Library
- Gramz Bakery and Cafe
- Central Middle School
- Laurel's Hair Studio
- Columbus Bicycle Station
- Baker's Fine Gifts & Accessories
- Viewpoint Books
- Columbus Visitors Center
- C21 Breeden Realtors,
- WellConnect-Columbus Regional Health
- City Planning Department
- County Clerk's Voter Registration Office
First-grade has had a couple of project partners visit with students as part of their Wildlife Project. Today, Mrs. Spurgeon spoke with students about the importance of waste management and protecting wildlife habitats.
Congratulations to our Math Bowl Team! We tied for 2nd in our division but ended up with third-place due to a tie-breaker question. There are a total of 32 points possible, and we earned 23 points, which is a significant improvement from only collecting 17 points the year before. We finished 21st out of over 100 schools who competed at the state level. I have included a snapshot of how the top schools finished.
Spring Break Reminder- As it stands today, we will be in school Monday, March 11th- Thursday, March 14th. As long as we do not have another school cancellation, Spring Break will begin on Friday, March 15th.
While on the topic of school cancellations, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the trending music video created by BCSC Superintendent Dr. Roberts. You can find it at the Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation Facebook Page, and CSA Lincoln second-grade students appear in the video!
Have a great weekend!
Math Bowl Team- 3rd Place
State Results (Top 21 of over 100)
Trailblazer and Girls on the Run Information!
- CSA Lincoln will have a group of adults that will be bowling on March 3rd as part of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Bowling for Kids' Sake fundraiser! If you would like to donate to this incredible program, you can click this link. We already have raised $100 from our chili/soup cook-off donations!
- The PTO Book Bingo is also next Friday in the CSA Lincoln Gym. Details are listed below.
Important Upcoming Dates
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- Feb 15th- 5th/6th Grade Dance 6:30-8:00 pm
- Feb 21st- Math Bowl Competition 5:00 pm @ Southside
- Feb 22nd- PTO Book Bingo 6-8:00 pm @ CSA Lincoln Gym
- Mar 7th- PTO Meeting 6-7 pm
- Mar 11-14th School will be in session (Snow Day Make-ups)
- March 15th-22nd-Spring Break (if no more snow days)
- Mar 26-28th iRead Testing (3rd Grade)
- April 30-May 2, May 7-10th- ILEARN Testing (3rd-6th Grade)
- May 15th- Indianapolis Indians Game-CSA Reading Challenge- Home Run Hitters
- May 16-17th- Chicago Trip (6th Grade)
- May 23-24th- CYC Camp Trip (5th Grade)
- May 24th- Kindergarten Graduation 1:00 PM
- May 29th- Move Up Day
- May 29th- 6th Grade Graduation-10:30-11:30 am
- May 30th- Last Student Day (Donner Park Field Day)
Who is that person working car line? The suggestion came up at a CIC meeting to share information about our staff so you can put a name with a face.
Mrs. Alisha Thompson
Mrs. Thompson is the Peer Counselor for both CSA Lincoln and CSA Fodrea Elementary. She splits her time between schools. Your child might be involved in a Circle of Friends group that she coordinates. Lola, her daughter, is in Mrs. Roberts' second-grade class. Mrs. Thompson shared some really exciting news with us recently. Lola is going to be a big sister! Mrs. Thompson is due in August. Please join me in congratulating Mrs. Thompson and her family!
2019 Chili/Soup Champion- Mrs. Biehle
CSAL PTO Family Night: Book Bingo
TONIGHT! TONIGHT! TONIGHT!
Join us tonight, Friday, February 22, for our first ever Book Bingo event! Every child will receive a "new" book. CSAL doors open at 6pm. Bingo play 6:30-8pm. There will be concessions for purchase. All profits go directly to PTO for future events.
Next PTO Meeting
March 7th - 6:00pm CSAL Library
BCSC Pre-K is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications are available at all elementary schools and online at www.bcsc.k12.in.us under the 2019-2020 Pre-K Applications heading. Please call us at 812-376-4569 for more information about BCSC Pre-K.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley