"We're Going Places!" - September 17th-21st
Para Leer Esto en Español...
1) School Site Council - Looking for parents interested in serving on School Site Council for this school year.
2) 5th Grade Shady Creek Trip - Please get all forms in ASAP, even if you don't plan to have your student attend.
3) PowerSchool Parent Portal - Be sure you log in to the Parent Portal by clicking the button below to update student emergency information ASAP. Call our office if you need the login info: (916) 645-6330.
Have a great week!
"Roadrunners in Action" Pictures of the Week!
School Site Council
The school site council is a group of teachers, parents, and classified employees, and students that works with the principal to develop, review and evaluate school improvement programs and school budgets. The members of the site council are elected by their peers.
If you are interested in serving on our First Street School Site Council or know someone who you would like to nominate, please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shady Creek Outdoor School Trip for 5th Graders
Shady Creek Science Camp is a four-day overnight trip in which 5th grade students from our school, Carlin C. Coppin, and Sheridan participate in a valuable outdoor educational experience. The trip will take place Tuesday, October 30th through Friday, November 2nd, 2018. This is normally a $250 per student trip, but, thanks to a county FitQuest grant, our students will be able to go for free! Information packets went home this week in English and Spanish. Please return the forms as soon as possible. Even if you don't plan to have your student attend, we need you to return the "Parent Survey Letter" so we can have an accurate count of who will be going the trip. Thanks!
Clubs for 4th & 5th Graders
1) Leadership Club - Click here if your 4th or 5th grade student is interested in learning leadership skills and being a leader on campus!
2) Band - For FSS students in 4th and 5th grade. Practices will take place Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00-4:15 PM in rm. 1. The first meeting will be Wednesday, September 12th. Email Mr. Medina at email@example.com if you have any questions.
3) Technology/Media Club - Is your 4th and 5th grade student a media master with a future in technology? If so, or even if they are a beginner, this club is for them. Click here to see the info and application.
i-Ready is an interactive online learning program designed to provide individualized instruction based on each child’s unique needs. i-Ready begins with a diagnostic assessment that takes place 3-4 times a year. Based on that diagnostic assessment, students are placed at their appropriate learning level for work on their individual online lessons. Staff will use the information from the diagnostic and the online lessons to determine what their students know and where they might need support. For this reason, it is VERY IMPORTANT that parents not help their children answer the questions. It is fine to encourage them to stay focused and read the questions carefully, but that is all. Teachers will be alerted by the program if kids are struggling. If you have more questions about i-Ready, please visit the "i-Ready Family Center" by clicking here.
"Week at a Glance"
COMING UP THIS WEEK…
Monday, September 17th - Regularly Scheduled 1:40 Early Release Day
First Day of FSS Choir - 1:50-3:00 PM in rm.7
Destiny Church After School Club - 1:45-3:15 PM in rm.13
Vision Soccer “SAS” Soccer Clinic - 1:45-2:45 PM on the First Street field
Tuesday, September 18th -
Dream Enrichment “Early Engineers” Class - 2:50-4:00 PM in rm.1
PTC General Meeting - 6:15 PM in the Multi
School Board Mtg. - 7:00-9:00 PM
Wednesday, September 19th -
FSS Band Practice - 3:00-4:15 PM in rm. 1
Dream Enrichment “HoneyCode” Class - 2:50-4:00 PM in the computer lab
Thursday, September 20th - Fall Picture Day
FSS Band Practice - 3:00-4:15 PM in rm. 1
Friday, September 21st - Spirit Day - PFB BP & School Pantry Distribution Day
Road Runner Ambassadors Mtg. - 2:50-4:00 PM in rm. 17
Save the Date
October 5th & 8th - No School
October 26th - Fall Festival
Parents play a vital role in helping to fundraise, plan school functions, and guide the direction of our school. We are currently looking for folks interested in serving on our board as well as just community members willing to attend our meetings and share input. Click on this link to read over our informational flyer, and please contact Lisa Chandra at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an interest in becoming part of our PTC board. We will be having monthly board meetings beginning in late September, so stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!