Friday, March 8, 2018
From Mrs. Lewis...
- Thank you again for all you do for our students! Your care and professionalism during difficult situations is greatly appreciated!
- Intent forms should be submitted ASAP. Forms are due to Central Office on Monday. Thanks.
- STEAM Parent Night that was scheduled for Thursday, March 14th, is being postponed. Stay tuned for more information.
- Please monitor for clear bookbags. Non-clear bags should be confiscated and submitted to the front office with a name attached. Please call the parent of the student to inform them the bag has been taken.
- Sports bags may not be taken to classrooms. They must be stored with team bags in a designated location determined by the coach. Students may not bring them to homeroom and then ask to go back and store their bag. Please contact the coach is this happens. (Lawson - baseball, Jackson-softball, Hersey - girls soccer, Casey - boys soccer)
- Injuries - Please report any injury to a student to the nurse. Major injuries or ones that can potentially be serious must be written up on a report from the nurse and parent contact made. (This includes during the school day injuries and after school sports/club/etc. injuries.)
- LUNCH TIMES: lunch times in our daily schedule should be followed closely. Start and end times should be followed so that instructional time is protected. Thanks!
- On Friday, March 15th, is our 2 hour delay PD. Please arrive on time, as the PD will start at 8am. Light breakfast served.
- Spirit Calendar: Thanks to Mrs. Spencer for developing our Spirit Calendar. This will hopefully put a little pep in our step throughout the month and show you how much we love our staff!
- Students are doing a good job of reporting issues. THEY ARE SAYING SOMETHING. Be sure that you listen to reports and act accordingly to prevent issues from happening.
- KUDOS to you for helping reduce our discipline by 20+ referrals for the month of February. You are rockstars!
- 8th Grade: Felicia Ingram will meet with you during your planning on Friday, Feb 22. Mark your calendar.
- MERMAID PLAY - Let's show up and show out - March 28 6pm at Scotland High School
- Spring Break is coming...what are you doing to curb discipline as we get closer to Spring Break? It will take some out of the box thinking to ensure students stay in class and eliminate off -task behaviors.
- NC Superheroes - Congratulations to Tiffany Spencer, Leigh Carter, Tonia Johnson, Robin Miller, Whitney Jackson and Latoya Francis for being nominated for the NC School Heroes webpage sponsored by the NC Lottery. https://www.ncschoolheroes.com/contests/entries We can vote daily. Nominators can win $1000, School Heroes can win $10,000 and the school can win $10,000. Feel free to nominate and don't forget to vote daily!!!! Voting closes March 31st!
- March 20th - Meeting with NCTies and Middle School Conference participants at 3:45 in Mr. Eley's room
- Health Fair- March 22, SHS, 8 - 11, 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Community Blood Drive, SHS Gym
- Don't forget we "Spring Forward" this weekend, so turn your clocks forward on Saturday!
- 6th & 8th grades earned the February reward (cupcakes)!
- 7th grade was very close to meeting their goal! They received a piece of candy!
- Please be sure bounces are entered into Educator's Handbook on a regular basis.
- Thank you to you all for your swift and efficient action during the bomb threat on Wednesday and lockdown today.
- Thank you to Mrs. Harris for hosting a great book fair. Students have really enjoyed their purchases!
March 11 - Baseball/Softball @ West Hoke -4:15pm
March 12 - Soccer @ Hamlet - 4:00pm
March 12 - Track @ Reid Ross - 4:00
March 12 - CLUBS Day
March 12 - 7pm Beta Club Induction
March 13 - Dental Van
March 13 - Wacky Wednesday
March 14 - Author Visit to School
March 14 - Soccer @ Home - 4:15pm
March 14 - Baseball/Softball @ East Hoke - 4:15pm
March 14 - TLC
March 15 - 2 hour delay for students/Professional Development for Staff
March 18 - Baseball/Softball @ SHS vs. Carver -6:00pm
March 19 - Soccer @ Home - 4:15pm
March 19 - Track @ Hoke County - 4:00pm
March 21 - Soccer @ SHS vs. Carver - 5:15pm
March 21 - Baseball @ Home - 4:15pm
March 22 - Optional Teacher Workday
Upcoming Testing Windows:
- 3rd Quarter Benchmarks: March 20-April 2
- ELA Writing Assessments April 1-18
- 4th Common Assessment/Mock EOG April 30-May 3
- EOGs May 24-June 7