Raureka School Term 1 Week 1
Newsletter 2 February 2022
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
Welcome to the start of our 2022 school year. It was great to see so many happy smiling faces this morning as the children came into school. I could definitely see that a lot of children had grown over the holidays.
We are currently in Covid Red level and this means that;
In order to protect children we will be opening the school gates at 8:30 and operating within 4 bubbles at school. These bubbles will not be mixing with other bubbles.
The bubbles are are Rooms 1,2 &3, Rooms 4,5,11&19, Rooms 7, 8, 20 & 21 and Rooms 12, 14 &15.
Please make sure that children go directly to their class when the gates open as we have to keep bubbles separate.
All bubbles will have a designated play area and toilets for children to use.
We are doing our best to limit the amount of interaction between children so that we can keep school open as best as we can.
Parents please drop your child at the gates and let them come into class, if you need to bring the children on site please sign, wear a mask and go to the class but do not enter.
All Year 4-6 children will need to wear a mask while they are inside the classroom, as will staff- Parents supply masks for children.
A reminder that if your child is sick please keep them home .
As we can't have our usual meet the teacher evening, this year we will hold a 10 minute meeting for parents, child and teacher, parents who come on the school site will need to sign in using the Covid 19 App and wear a mask. Details of how to book an appointment are below
We will close school at 12:30 on Wednesday 16th February for the meetings to start at 1:00. Parents will be able to book in for the interviews online. Please see below for ways to do this. All children will need to go home at 12:30 as we can't mix bubbles. The YMCA will be open for parents who book children in.
I would like to welcome both Miss Cuttance, Room 3, and Mrs Benge, Room 20, to Raureka School. They have been busy, like our other staff, getting things prepared for a fantastic year.
Stationery for 2022: This can be still be bought from the school office
No school on Monday because we are celebrating Waitangi Day
Remember that school will finish on, Wednesday 16th February at 12.30pm for the parent meetings.
Children need to go home at this time as we can't
How to book for the Meet the teacher
Use this booking link in electronic media, like your website, school app or an emailed newsletter:
A reminder that school will close at 12:30 and everyone will go home then, children can come back for the meeting. Parents must sign in using the Covid 19 app and wear masks.
You can also the QR code below to go directly to the page.
Please note that Room 21 (Mrs Butler) will make some other arrangements to meet whanau as she will not be available on this day and will be away from school.
The masks will only be worn inside the room.
Parents are to supply the masks as the Ministry of Education don't.
Thank you for helping keep everyone safe.
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Relationships/Whanaungatanga - Mā te tuakana te teina e tōtika, mā te teina te tuakana e tōtika
The older will lead the younger and the younger will lead the older
The latest with our building upgrade
The mural has been finished
- Monday - 7 February School Closed for Waitangi Day
- Wednesday 16th February- School Closes at 12:30 for Meet the Teacher Interviews from 1:00 until 6:20
- Friday 1 April School Closed for Teacher Only Day
- Thursday 14 April- Last Day of Term
- Friday 15 April Good Friday
- Monday 2 May- Start of Term 2
- Monday 6 June Queens Birthday
- Monday 20 June School Closed Teacher Only Day
- Monday 4 School closes 12:30 for Three Way Conferences
- Tuesday 5 July Three Way Conferences
- Friday 8 July End of Term 2
- Monday 25 July Start of Term 3
- Friday 30 September End of term 3
- Monday 17 October Start of Term 4
- Friday 21 October Hawke's Bay Anniversary Day
- Monday 24 October Labour Day- no school
- Monday 21 November Teacher Only Day
- Friday 16 December Last Day of Year
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers. The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. We need help on the following days - Front Gate: Wednesday, Friday, Back Gate: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.
Location: Raureka School Gordon Road, Raureka, Hastings 4120, New Zealand
Phone: +64 6 878 9766