A Cordelia Hills Staff Update, 8/17/2018
1. To JT Patrick for doing an amazing job stepping in on behalf of Alex to help with our many tech needs. WE are a demanding bunch when it comes to our tech and he has been spot on at every turn. Thanks, JT!
2. To TK, Kinder AND First. For TK and K you are introducing our youngest to school for the first time. Teaching is tiring and nerve wracking enough. Your grade is a whole other level. As for 1st grade staff, the students start realizing about 11:50 that they aren't going home yet and panic and stress starts to set in. Bravo for sticking with it for our kids!
3. Staff Parking Warriors: Shout out to all of those who are getting here within contract hours AND still can't find a parking spot. I am trying to remind our parents but we are literally at lot capacity. Thanks for your parking patience.
If you remember from the first Ed Equity training, "Equity is not a strategy, it is a mind-set." Believe in these students and believe in yourself. WE have the collective knowledge and strength to see growth in every single student...we just need to believe it is possible!
Team Drive for all Schedules and Calendars includes Bell Schedule, District Calendar, Release Schedule, Release Make-Up Schedule, and Duty Schedule. Please refer to this for all the info. If you see a mistake or need assistance, please let me know right away.
PBIS Reminders and Information
Remember, our PBIS info is below. You should be using the set of lessons (feel free to spice them up) in the drive to teach and reinforce school wide expectations about all of our common areas. Two important areas of focus:
1. Remember, students should be walking to line after recess whistles. Also, please communicate with each other about what areas you are supervising during your recess duties.
2. Students should use the bathroom (as much as possible) during the recess time and not after the whistles have blown. We want to direct them to safely walk to line.
3. Ticket our students who are displaying Safe, Responsible, Respectful behaviors. We have good news referrals and Paw Prides in the staff workroom. Check them out! Good news referrals come to me, Paw Prides go in the Pride bucket found in the MPR.
Also, please check your email and read the two emails from Shelley Ghannam concerning MAP testing and Early Literacy assessments. You should mark those emails and some of the information won't actually be used for a few weeks but you don't want to lose track.
Lastly, remember that you everything you do in your classroom informs your knowledge about student need. We don't need to wait for MAP or Unit Assessments to get our groups up and running and to start providing targeted assistance to our students.
8/17-8/31: Z Best Fundraiser for Upper Grades Only (More information to come)
8/20: Trotter @ Level Mtg 2:30
8/21: Trotter RSP Interviews for .5 position @ 3:15
8/22: Trotter @ JURY DUTY
8/28: Back to School Night @ 6:00-7:30
8/30: Trotter @ LEA Designee Training @ 3:30-5:30
9/3: Labor Day, No School